Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Suddenly it was December

 
 
Hello everyone!
 
I cannot believe how fast last month went. Or how fast this month is already going. It's getting a bit ridiculous.
 
 
 
Ariel Masters asked to interview me, and was wonderful enough to squeeze me in last minute when I didn't get her message. You can find the interview here. 
 
I had an article published on Story Embers about common Christian practices that can kill a story. You can find that here. 
 
Five Poisoned Apples launched and is officially out in paperback and e-formats. You can find both on Amazon. (This was technically in December, on the 1st, but it feels like ages ago)
 
We had thanksgiving with Jarod's side of the family and had a wonderful time, then snuck to my parents' house last minute and had another wonderful time.
 
I set up Christmas decorations.
 
I had a lunch date with a dear friend and got to talk about mom life, wife life, and adulting. It was much needed.
 
I finished NaNoWriMo with 43,977 words. I was sad I was so close and still fell short, but it's all right. Next year.
 
 
 
This month went from having one thing on the calendar to about fifty.
 
Our church women's Christmas party was rescheduled due to a blizzard. We've got snow, people. Not buried by any means, but plenty. Depressing fact, it's the dry, powdery kind of snow that you can't build a snowman out of.
 
The church women's party was rescheduled to this weekend. I am in charge of games. Wish me luck.
 
There is a reindeer petting day in town, at the same time as the women's party, so it's possibly I might leave early from one and arrive late at the other. Because Henry needs to pet a reindeer.
 
Next weekend me and Jarod are going to try to go to a couples Bible study/retreat. We've been trying to go the last several months and farming got in the way. But now the farm is buried under snow, so I am determined.
 
Jarod's boss/aunt is going on a trip to an island. We're not going, but it's usually pretty interesting to see her pictures and hear the stories when she gets back.
 
We'll be heading to Oklahoma right before Christmas. I've got my Pioneer Woman trip all planned out. The wedding is the 22nd, so we'll go to that and then haul butt back to Nebraska. Because I'm a complete homebody when it comes to Christmas. No one else but my family cooks the food properly, I'm convinced, and I refuse to go a whole year without having Christmas dinner.
 
I've got about half of my Christmas shopping done. I'm hoping to finish up the last half soon. I would like for the presents to actually arrive on time, but Amazon ordering is one thing that I'm usually late at.
 
I participated in #FaithPitch on twitter, where you can pitch your Christian novel to Christian agents, and had several people interested.
 
I've had the soundtracks for Turn, and The Greatest Showman on repeat. The 100 has not left my TV screen. And Bad Boy is so close to being done I can taste it. I'm not really enjoying Mad Hatter, which is the most depressing thing I've written in a while. But, I'll push on.
 
 
 
Next month I'm doing another interview with Kristena Mears.  I'll post the link for everyone when it's up.
 
 
How was your month? Do you have any fun plans for December?
 
 

11 comments:

  1. I want to pet a reindeer. The holidays always seem to get really busy, and I'm never prepared. I hope the Mad Hatter story stops being so depressing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm hoping it works out. Yessss. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Petting a reindeer sounds pretty cool! I'm also super excited over Five Poisoned Apples' release! It sounds like you got a head start on your Christmas shopping. I'm always awful at that.

    Good luck with the writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! It's been a pretty great experience. Hopefully it's a big enough head start.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like a busy month! Also, CONGRATS ON PUBLISHING FIVE POISONED APPLES! I'm so excited for you, and I can't wait to read Red as Blood! *hugs*

    Have fun reindeer-petting and best wishes on your writing! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I hope you like it :)

      Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Well, this month is the final exams month so my plans are pretty clear, haha! I wish you a very happy December! <3
    Khadija | October's Lallu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love this!

    Planning to throw a Christmas party as well as attend a few. Also, I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing Mary Poppins Returns on my birthday :)))

    ReplyDelete