Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Over the Edge, Over Again


I am pleased to announce that I am not dead.
 I did fall of the face of the earth, but I'm back now. 
It's a dark terrible place at world's end, where no blogging gets done, and everything is just madness. It was a long hard trek back, with a lot of detours and twists, up is down, and all that sort of thing. 
But at last I have braved the treacherous waters and arrived here to give you a blog post.

Yay!
*throws confetti*
....
No idea what the blog post is going to be about. 
Haha. 

I suppose for the moment I'll just get you guys up to speed on what has been developing in the wonderful world of my life. 

Shower and wedding invitations have been sent out, everyone is accounted for, don't believe I forgot anyone. RSVP's have started coming in. 
It's quite humorous to me, as we set up an email for the sole purpose of rsvp's. When women RSVP, they send a gigantic email bearing congratulations, well wishes, happy tears, hysteria, and all manner of wordy fluff, so that one has to read an entire books worth to find out if they are coming or not. 
When the boys email? 
They say they're name. And coming. 
That's it. 

To the point.

Besides invites, I've got the boutonnieres put together, and need to work on the corsages. Table centerpieces are finished, and look lovely. Thank God I was am a book hoarder, and had a bunch of old Babysitter Club books in the shed that I could shred and use. I wanted to sneak in a subtle literary feel and the book paper did the trick. 

My dress is dropped off and being altered as we speak. My mommy has our quilt top done and ready to be quilted. The bridesmaids tried on their dresses. They look stunning. Mom is going to do some minor alterations and it will be set. 
I've got the bridesmaid and flower girl gifts ordered. 
Picked up the jars for the salt ceremony, got the flower girl basket, and lots of those little details. 
So wedding prep is going along smoothly, if I dare say so. 

My cousins and aunts came to town for Memorial Day, so I got to spend some time with them this weekend, which was fun. 

My family took a trip to the cemetery to put flowers on my aunt's grave. We didn't have our yearly traditions of pie with grandma and the other two aunts, as their plans were a little different this year, but we are planning to get together with them later this summer.

Jarod's mom and sister are coming this weekend to attend the wedding shower. I'm super excited and a bit nervous to be meeting them for the first time, and we've all been wracking our brains for something fun to do during the three days they will be here. 

My cousin is coming tonight and will be spending the next couple days with us riding horses and learning the rules for 4-H. He is such a little card, and I love when he is around. He is hilarious. 

Summertime is super busy at work, as we have a bunch of frame shows, a BBQ, and various sales going on, so there's a lot to keep track of, and my brain is fried. 

I have not gone to bed before midnight for at least two weeks and I am exhausted. 

Jarod has promised to help me get buckets and dirt so I can plant a container garden. We really want a garden but the lawn at the house he rents is so nice, we can't till it up, so I've been researching how to grow veggies in buckets and tubs and it looks super easy and I can't wait to try it out. It's been raining every few days for the last few weeks (I think we've had somewhere around eleven inches) so dry dirt is kind of a rarity at the moment. But I do have the plants and all the seeds ready to go at the earliest convenience. 

I decided it might be cool to clean my room before July, so maybe I could find my stuff when it's time to pack. 

I've got some hotel rooms booked for the first two days of our honeymoon, and a whole bunch of stuff we could go see, depending on how much time we have. Jarod promised we would be out the door by eight o'clock every morning....I won't hold my breath. 

Our pastor gave us each copies of For Women Only and For Men Only, along with a list of Bible verses to read about husbands and wives. My list has 54, while his only has 36. I cry foul play. But anyway, we decided to trade books to start out, so I have the one about women and he has the one about men, and we are going to highlight anything that stands out as important to us, then when we trade we will have a personalized copy. Should be interesting. I'm going through the book like this. 

I'm sure his wont be nearly as extensive. 

Other than that, life has been very boring. When you cut out the chaotic whirlwind of existence there really isn't a whole lot to fill up the long hours of the day with. 

So what about you? Did I miss anything while I was gone over the edge, fighting my way back?





2 comments:

  1. Wow you have a lot on your plate. I complain when I have more than one thing to do. I'm glad your not dead, and was curious about how your wedding preparations were going.
    Glad everything is on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Everything seems to be coming together for you and Jarod :) It's really cool that you guys swapped books, I'd imagine that a really good step toward a base of understanding in your marriage :)

    ReplyDelete