Monday, September 12, 2016

A Snippet



Hello everyone! I hope you're all having a fantastic Monday. I don't believe they exist, but you know, you might see the world through a much more optimistic filter than I do.  I had a great weekend though! Got the dog pen cleaned up, and its nearly ready to bring Scout home on Friday, canned hot salsa, corn and black bean salsa, and tomatoes with my mom Sunday. Watched a bunch of awesome movies with my family, and brought home a pack of apples that I'm gonna make applesauce and butter out of.
I've been debating starting a second blog that deals more with the married, adult person part of my life, but I can't decide. Seems like I've been pretty bad at blogging on this one lately, so a second one seems kind of silly. I guess, the thing is I have lots of ideas, but mostly they involve home décor, and gardening, and recipe experiments, and I just don't know if they fit into this blog very well. Like, I don't want to bore you guys with landscaping if you want character interviews. Decisions.

But, the real point of this post is to share the first part of my new story with you guys. Uh huh. A new story. The first part. Like, I've actually written some. It's going slow, but I have been steadily plucking away at it over the last week. And I am so happy. It's for the character idea I gave you guys a few weeks back, trying to decide on a name and so forth.  So, here we go.


"I can't take it! I just can't take it anymore!" Piper flung her arms out and collapsed onto the shaggy blue area rug.
"What's the matter?" Colt's concerned voice came from above her. 
"Everything." She whined into the floor, letting it muffle her voice.
"Be specific, Piper." He didn't sound as worried now. He must not understand the tragic nature of the situation.
Piper propped up on an elbow and pointed to the rust red brick walls of the living room. "That color. It's awful. I can't bear to look at it another day." She looked up at Colt when no response was forth coming. "Don't you think it's hideous?"
"I think," he said slowly, tugging her to her feet and placing an appetizing smelling carry out box in her hands. "That you bought the house because you loved that color, and that you should eat your supper. I got Chinese."
"But that was years ago, and it's ancient now." She protested, taking the fork her offered her and flopping onto the floral pastel couch. "And I'm Scottish, not Chinese!" She added, already opening the container and forking a piece of orange chicken into her mouth. 

There ya have it. So, not very long at all yet. I'm still trying to figure out who my characters are, and what they're doing, so I'm basically trying to just keep putting words down on paper until I get the real important stuff figured out.
That's all I got for now. Later! 


No comments:

Post a Comment