Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Character Answers



Hi everyone!
As promised, today I’m here with answers to the Jason questions. I used the ones you sent me, along with a handful pulled from various online questionnaires.
As of this morning, I’m about halfway through Chapter 9 of Blood and Dust. Jason has made an appearance and gotten himself into a bunch of trouble.
Now, on to his answers. (By the way, I haven’t found a proper look-alike for him. I promise I did not write another character that looks just like Damon Salvatore. So any gifs used are more for the expression than his actual looks. All gifs are from Google.)
Q. Would you leave the Guns if you could?
…Well…Yeah, I mean. If I could. But there’s not really any way to. Not with my dad working alongside Dermott. The Tetons are decent, but they don’t have much. It’d just be trading one disaster for another.
Q. What’s a memory from your teenage years?
Heh, well the first one that comes to mind would be a few months ago when I found out my old man has another family outside of Cody and the boy was coming to help him with something. That was real nice. Apparently his other son is a better help to him than I am.

Q. More daredevil, or cautious?
Cautious gets you killed in Cody. If you hesitate, you die. It’s best to just dive in before anything else can happen.

Q. What is something you would fight for?
We fight for everything, I mean…What I would fight for? I guess, Mercedes. And Adam. Whatever was in my best interests.

Q. opinion on sex/relationships?
*ahem* relationships are kind of a tricky thing. I feel like you mean in the official sense, which…just doesn’t happen. But they’re nice while they last, I suppose. If you get lucky enough to have somebody of your own then you better enjoy it and try to take care of her, or else someone else will.
Q. Selfish or selfless?
Selfish.
(No, he’s selfless)
Yeah, no.
Q. What do you think of Cole?
I try not to. He’s annoying and in the way. Exactly what I would expect from someone who got to live somewhere else—away from the old man. He’s the lucky one. I don’t know why he’s all bent out of shape about be ‘left behind’. He didn’t miss anything.
Q. What seemingly insignificant memory has stuck with you?
Well…I don’t even know if it’s a memory. But, when I was a kid my mom was sick. It was the night she died, but I remember hearing her and my dad talking. I was half asleep, so I didn’t really hear the words, but I know they said my name. I could have swore they left the house together, but everyone said she died in the night. It makes a guy wonder though. I mean, girls disappear for months all the time for no reason…Except, she never came back.


Q. How is your relationship with your dad?
He comes in handy sometimes. I mean, he runs things. He can pull strings. The rest of the time we just kind of co-exist. He’s got this thing where he thinks I’m still nine and he can tell me what to do. Jokes on him—I never listened when I was nine either.
Q, Who is your best friend?
A guy named Adam. He was a Gun, but he defected over to the Tetons. Dermott wants his hide for that. But he’s a good guy, Adam. I don’t blame him for leaving.  He was just never mean enough for the Guns.
Q. What is your role in the Guns?
I get bounced around from place to place. The old man likes to keep me close by…for some reason. Dermott can’t seem to be rid of me fast enough. I don’t know what I did to either of them. Doesn’t take too long at a job before guys start complaining I’m somehow getting it easier than them because Dale Comstock is my dad. Most recently though I’ve been doing the water runs. It’s not a bad job, and for the most part I can do it alone.
Q. What do you love about this girl?
Mercedes? Well…I don’t know. I mean…she’s just nice, I guess. Those other girls are sassy. They’re fun and flirty, and Mercedes can do that too, but really she’s just sweet. I guess it’s partly because she actually likes me. She’s pretty too. Which, doesn’t hurt, obviously. She doesn’t try to mom or boss me. She lets me blaze if I want, or be down in the dumps, or just plain silly. She doesn’t care. She rolls with it all.
There ya have it! Thanks for the questions. I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little more about Jason and his story.

2 comments:

  1. I always support the use of Damon gifs! Love how you used them. Can't wait to meet Jason, I already really like him!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! He's a turd and I love him. So excited to properly introduce you.

      Delete