Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Coffee Makes the World Go ‘Round




When you have a baby, everyone gets busy telling you to take care of yourself. Drink plenty of water. Get lots of rest. Take it easy. Try to eat healthy. Get started exercising as soon as the doctor says you can. 

Good advice. Sound advice. Hard to follow advice. 

I drink water like it’s going out of style, and still had to go to the doctor to get an IV. 

Rest?? What’s rest? You can’t get any rest between a two year old and a newborn. They don’t nap in sync. 

Take it easy ... I don’t understand. I just spent nine months uncomfortable with less and less mobility. I have things to do now, people! 

I do try to eat healthy. I do. But have you ever had a craving? Mine is suddenly dark chocolate—something I don’t even like usually. But not just any dark chocolate. Frozen dark chocolate. I want it so crunchy I risk breaking a tooth. 

And ah, exercise. The mom bod. No one wants that. I don’t want that. But how, pray tell, do you have the energy to work out if you’re doing all the things and not getting any rest and constantly distracted by an undying need for frozen dark chocolate? 

Where do you turn? Who do you go to? What is there that can alleviate these stresses? 


Coffee is the answer to all the things. 

Coffee in your morning smoothie. Coffee in your coffee. 
Espresso in your (dark) chocolate chip cookies. 
All of the coffee. 


It’s really starting to make sense to me why my childhood buddy drank his coffee so black we couldn’t go shooting afterward because he was shaking so badly. We got problems. 


This has been a public service announcement. Or maybe a health warning. 




Gifs from Google

1 comment:

  1. I agree and support everything in this post! Especially the bit about coffee!

    ReplyDelete