Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Hiatus is Over


 Hello peoples! 

It’s been a minute, but I think it’s time to officially break my hiatus. 


Dare I even ask how your summer went? 


This year has been nothing short of a whirlwind. So many good things have happened. But so many awful things have happened too. 

On a small scale, my family is doing great, and life has been good. But it hurts my heart seeing the turmoil that this country and world is caught up in. Sometimes I wonder if maybe the world as we know it is just over. Then other times I hear about things that restore my faith in humanity. 


I missed you guys, but the break was much needed. I used the time off to recharge and adjust to life as a mom of two, watch good movies, spend absurd and lovely amounts of time outside, write, and read some fantastic books. In the future I’ll have some book reviews and some updates on The Queens Three for you. 


Today, I’ll catch you up on life. My little man is three now, and every day with him is an adventure. Sometimes a messy, overwhelming adventure, but an adventure nonetheless. Miss Lorie darlin’ is eight months (what??) and cruising along furniture like a pro. I’m sure walking is right around the corner. The arrival of a tooth robbed me of my perfect happy baby who sleeps all night, but I’m hoping the crabby season is behind us for now. 


I’m 25. Which is bizarre. How can I be old enough to be a quarter of a century? I feel eternally sixteen. Maybe that’s a good thing. 


I spent my evenings staying up till 2 in the morning watching Poldark, so if anyone has any tv recommendations similar to that to fill this void in my life, that would be great. 


In a nutshell, my summer could be summarized as a chicken coop roofing, garden tending, vegetable canning, flower planting, house updating, diapers and snuggles filled blur. And I loved it. 


It’s good to be back! Tell me about your summer. What did I miss?

1 comment:

  1. Glad your back! Happy belated Birthday, it’s weird right? Being sixteen forever would be nice.

    ReplyDelete