So many thanks go out to Skye for attaching my name to this tag. I cannot wait to answer these questions. It's sheer brilliance.
Link back to the blogger who nominated you
Tag other TolkienKnights
I had heard about it briefly because the series was on the required reading for a class I took in school. I never did read it at that point. After that I met Lana who is properly obsessed with all things LOTR/TH, so she convinced me to get started. And no, it was not love at first sight. I liked reading The Hobbit well enough, and I liked parts of LOTR at times, but in general, I didn't enjoy the read, and I have yet to finish the series. The movies on the other hand, are quite a different story. I have enjoyed them immensely.
2. If you could meet the actors who portray the characters in the movies, would you?
Aragorn. He is a must.
But uh...mostly Kili...
3. What is your favorite credit song from LotR/TH?
I See Fire by Ed Sheeran for sure. Makes me want to cry. I sing it on the way to work on a weekly basis.
4. The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit – which is your favorite? *evil laugh* (And no, you don’t actually have to decide. I’m merciful like that. *magnanimous smile*)
For the books, The Hobbit. Talking movies, tie.
5. Who is your favorite all-around character?
Ack! You realize there are four books, and six movies, right? The cast is gigantic.
...sigh. I suppose I'll have to go with Aragorn. Simply because I loved him in both the books, and the movies.
6. What is your opinion on Boromir?
I liked him. That's why he died. The characters I like always do that. I think he was a good guy. The ring just got to him. Like it did half the characters in the story.
7. How many times have you watched the movies/read the books?
*hides from the objects about to be thrown at me* I've read the first LOTR book...once. I started the second one...The Hobbit I read once...I've watched The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey two or three times. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug I've watched one and a half times (Minion 2 got bored, so we couldn't finish it). I have yet to see The Battle of the Five Armies...*sobs* Kili! And I've watched the entire Lord of the Rings series once....In my defense, I'm never home, and my family refuses to watch any of them when I do come home.
8. What book is your favorite?
Well since I've only read The Hobbit and....What's the first book of LOTR called? I'm a failure. Anyway, The Hobbit was my favorite.
9. Who is your favorite female character (other than your answer to question #5)?
Um....I really didn't pay the girls that much attention. I like Tauriel, even though she's not supposed to exist. I also like this gal...
10. Who is your favorite male character (other than your answer to question #5)?
Oooh, well I did not like the end of Return of the King at all...I liked the ending of The Desolation of Smaug.
Now, for tagging, I'm not sure which of you all...ya'll...are Tolkien-ites, and I would hate to put you on the spot. So if you like nasty little hobbitses and soul posessing jewelry, have at this tag! You can just re-use these questions. Have fun!