Ladies and gents, boys and girls of all ages, behold-
My second post this week.
If you want to participate yourself, or find links to other bloggers taking part, just hop on over to Further up and Further In . These questions would turn out with really boring answers if I used Creed from The RP Fantasy, so I'm going to use Reeve from Running Crazy.
1. What’s their favourite ice cream flavour?
I love this question, because it actually comes up in the story. A lot. He likes Rocky Road.
2. Your character is getting ready for a night out. Where are they going? What are they wearing? Who will they be with?
Could be one of two things. He's going out with Donny. They will basically burn lots of gas and have nothing to show for it by the end of the night. He will be wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
OR, after some new developments in character arcs, he will be with Amy. They still might burn tons of gas, randomly cruising town doing much of nothing, but they will most likely stop and get snacks somewhere, and maybe drop into random shops full of dusty books and old records. He will still probably be wearing jeans and a t-shirt. But it will be cleaner.
3. Look at your character’s feet. Describe what you see there. Do they wear dress shoes, gym shoes, or none at all? Are they in socks that are ratty and full of holes? What do they consider comfortable and what do they consider agony?
Reeve wears tennis shoes. His socks are clean and he likes them fuzzy so they tickle when he walks across carpet. Don't make him wear anything that needs polished. He will scuff it to no end and it will be torture to smooth them up. Right now his foot is on the gas pedal, so he is wearing grey tennis shoes.
4. Do they have any birthmark or scars? Where are they and how did they get them?
Reeve doesn't have any birthmarks or noticeable scars.
5. What kind of music do they listen to? Does it change depending on their mood or is it always consistent? (Feel free to share samples!)
Oh...I thought about this before...what was it....
If I remember correctly, Reeve listens to Alternative Rock. It changes when he's with Amy though, because she likes old rock and old country, so he suddenly becomes a big fan of Credence Clearwater Revival when she is around.
6. Do they have any musical talent? Play an instrument? How’s their singing voice?
No instruments. His mom tried to make him learn piano when he was younger, but thank God she dropped that notion rather quick. His voice is decent. Not great. Not tone deaf. Right in the middle, where a teenage boy should be.
7. What kind of book would you catch them reading?
Reeve isn't much of a reader. Probably a parts manual is the most consistent thing he reads. Oddly enough, he will read kindle books way more than he will the hard copy. Despite his reading slump, he's a big history buff, so if he's reading something not mechanics related, it would be something from the vaults of the past.
8. How would they spend their summers (or their holidays)?
He's currently spending this summer squealing tires around South Dakota with a pretty girl.
9. It’s Saturday at noon. What is your character doing? Give details. Ex. If they’re eating breakfast, what’s on the menu? Are they hiking, shopping, lazing around?
Saturday at noon...Okay, so it's his day off. He slept in a little. He's probably zombie walking down the hall, rubbing his eyes and trying to push the strand of hair down that's trying to stand straight up. His shirt is only half on and he's tugging it over his elbow while trying to see if Amy texted him after he fell asleep last night. Cue the mom coming out of the bathroom and you have a lovely little collision and she tells him he shouldn't be on the phone all the time, it's bad for his eyes, and sleep deprivation has been proven to cause health problems. She'll barely get that out before disappearing down the stairs. He just shakes his head and yanks his shirt on before tripping into the bathroom.
10. Is there anything your character wants to be free of?
His physical life is pretty good. There's not really any people or situations he would really like to shake. The more...shall we say spiritual part of his life however...I'd say he would like to be free of questions...or rather, his uncertainties. He has a lot when it comes to God, his parents, and where he stands in the world. He thinks he would be really happy if he could have the answers to those doubts. Or better yet, they would all just go away and things would be swell.