Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Creative Spark!

Guys!! It's happened!! It bidged! It boodged! It badged!!...(pardon my random lapse back to Winnie the Pooh cartoons). I wrote something fictional!!!!!

Like one page. Of a story idea I've had for awhile. Nothing on the stories I already have started. But still. It's a start.

I thought I would share it with you all. It goes with my Hey Brother story. Just be warned, I haven't edited it at all. It's a mite rough. I wrote it one afternoon at work in between patients. Not exactly a culture conducive to creative genius.


He regretted it now. Every second of the last five years weighed heavy on him like granite, and threatened to crush him into oblivion.
"Can I help you sire?"
Drayson's eyes flitted to the young servant. "Get the red jerkin from the wardrobe please, Jestin." He turned his attention to the buckles at his torso as Jestin moved to obey.
"I thought perhaps you would remain Drayson for this party. It's almost over."
"I thought about it." Drayson drew the stiff white jerkin over his head and reached for the red one Jestin offered him. "But Jaida was starting to look distraught so I thought it best to let her betrothed make an appearance."
Drayson let his servant help pull it on and tug his white shirt sleeves into place. His fingers flew to the buckles, cinching it up. He raked a hand through his thick hair, messing up the locks he'd worked so hard to smooth that morning.
"Trousers." Jestin muttered from the wardrobe and tossed a pair over his shoulder. Drayson snatched it and swapped out of his own, while Jestin collected a black pair of boots. Drayson hopped into them and raised a questioning eyebrow at the servant.
Jestin nodded, a blond strand of hair falling across his forehead. "You look like Garrick."
"Good." The word tasted like a lie in his throat. Drayson moved to the door quickly.
Yes, he regretted becoming his brother.


2 comments:

  1. Ohhh are they twins, I mean they must be twins. This was awesome by the way I loved it.

    ReplyDelete