Monday, August 31, 2015

It Struck in the Night

 
Have you ever woke up in the middle of the night with an idea so brilliant you just had to get it wrote down as fast as humanly possible? A fantastic idea that you are sure will change the world? Perhaps it came from a dream you were having, that already is beginning to fade back into the dark corners of your mind, but you still have that one thread of genius. And you write it down.
 
I had that happen to me the other night. I woke up with a line running through my head, no real idea where it came from. I don't remember dreaming anything. But it was there. It was real. And it was fabulous.
Sleep was pulling at me viciously as I fumbled in the dark for my ipod. The light nearly blinded me as I turned it on. I squinted my eyes against it and pulled up a note, typing down my precious thought baby. I didn't now what I was going to make from it. A song, or poem probably. Perhaps it could even spark some type of story.
It was deep. It was profound. Inspirational.
 
The next morning when I woke up it only took me a few seconds to remember my spark of visionary from the night before. I snatched my ipod and found the note I had created.
 
This is what it said:
 
Steal my love away butterflies
I'll watch it from the window.
 
......
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I have had this happen, but I am usually too tired to actually write it down. I love what you wrote though, very profound.

    ReplyDelete