Friday, April 15, 2016

Snap Shots

We got our engagement pictures taken last Saturday. I know if looks wonderful and sunny...that's because it was 24 degrees out and blowing like crazy. It was cold. It was miserable. But I love how most of the pictures turned out. These are just a few of them. I've got more on a thumb drive that I'm saving for wedding decorations and such. The girl did a super good job on them and was a good sport about freezing to death out there for two hours. 

These pictures very nearly didn't happen. Friday night we got all the props ready and set up and I went home early to get some shut eye. Eleven o'clock I get a phone call from a young man who wants to chit chat. He informed me that he was at a friend's shop helping him fix  a truck. I informed him he had pictures to take in the morning and he's not a morning person anyway, so maybe sleep would be a good choice. He readily agreed.
One in the morning rolls around, and I get another phone call. A certain young man wants to know where his house keys are. He can't find them. So he can't get into his house. At one am. 
Said young man decides to sleep in the barn. It's freezing outside. Young man did not sleep all night. Neither did I, because after I've been woken up twice in one night, I can't make myself fall back to sleep. So I get up early to go find him, and was really hoping I wouldn't discover a Popsicle in the barn. 
He was unharmed, but sleeping in a barn isn't exactly comfortable, so he was rather stiff all day, and as it turns out, he did not have a single pair of clean, unstained jeans, in his entire house, so we had to make do with what we had. 

Given the circumstances, I think the ending product was quite splendid.  

















2 comments: