Wednesday, November 29, 2017

An Update On Things

Hello all! 
I've been on a bit of a hiatus and thought I'd better check in before December gets here. (It's like, days away you guys) 
I've spent my absence well. One week was dedicated to deer hunting. My mother is wonderful and agreed to watch Henry on many a morning so I could go sit out in a tree.It all paid off, and I got this lovely on the next to last day of season. 

We got him all butchered. He had a lot of meat on him and I can't wait to start making jerky and bologna, etc. It will probably be March before I get to it. I need pork to mix into the bologna recipe, and the pig won't be ready to go till then. 

Also, Henry makes an adorable little hunter. I just love my little family. 

Just in time for deer season to be over, Thanksgiving craziness started. My mother in law arrived from Washington on Sunday and stayed till Friday after thanksgiving. 

We spent the day at my parents house, and ate entirely too much food, but I would do it all over again if given the chance, and most likely will next year. 

There was many a game of pinochle and Golf (the card game, not the physical activity- I can't play golf on a wii let alone outdoors) 

No, I did not go Black Friday shopping. It's a evil scary place where crazy soccer moms lurk, ready to claw your eyes out with their freshly manicured nails. 

I did hit up the online sales though, and all my Christmas shopping is done. Hurray for being on time for once! 

I won't tell you what I got, because apparently my sisters have started reading my blog after all these years. *makes squinty eyes at Minion 1*

But I will say that they are fantastic and I had so much fun picking them out. 

For Henry we decided we're going to get him books during these Christmas' and birthdays where he doesn't really understand. That way by the time he's old enough to appreciate good old Tom Sawyer and Farmer Boy, he's got an extensive library. 

Nano is still going on. I don't think I wrote over 700 words a day the entire time my mother in law was here, because when someone is in your house you're expected to socialize. Despite that, I'm currently at 48 thousand and some change words, so I'm in good shape to finish on time. Woo hoo! I'm so excited. I've finished Camp NaNo before, but never the big daddy of them all. A post with snippets will be along in the next few days. It's also shaping up to be longer than 50k, and I'm ok with that. My plan is to finish it in the next week, then let it sit about a month then go right back in and start editing. I've decided I need to be a "real writer" and bite the bullet. Editing is essential. 

Henry now has two teeth and has completely lost his sleeping pattern due to it. I'm hoping we can get a break in the the little choppers erupting so he can get back on a schedule and I can look like I'm living. 

Also, I decorated my house for Christmas. Still working on the front porch arrangement but I'm happy with the inside. 
All of the pumpkins have been moved out except one by the mailbox and I do with the dear hubby would get it out of here because it looks ridiculous with the Christmas ribbon and garland. 

Did you know bottle calves will eat pumpkins? Because I didn't. They eat one every day, in about half an hour. It's impressive. 

I don't think I ever mentioned that we got a cat, but we did and her name is Inej the Wraith, but I mostly just say Kitty. Jarod thinks that's a terrible name and calls her Nemo, which I said is morbid, because the last Nemo we had died. 

I've discovered Robin Hobbs books and I've quite literally fallen in love. 

And after watching Everything Everything I must acquire the book. 
Jarod was really worried the girl would die, but I told him it wasn't likely since John Green was not actually the author of the book. If it's anyone else, good chance the important characters live. John Green kills them all and leaves the others emotionally tortured. What a sweetheart. 

I think that about sums up my last month. 

What have you lovelies been up to? Anything spectacular? I'm sure there was, you're all such spectacular people. 
Carry on, good sirs!

2 comments:

  1. You got one! Omigoodness Henry is so cute!
    Sounds like you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete