Wednesday, August 22, 2018

The Language of Worlds Linkup


Hello everyone!
Today I'm going to take part in a character questionnaire link up hosted by Liv K. Fisher. It's a bi-monthly link up, and I've seen it around several times now, so I thought I'd join in.

Today I'm going to feature Brass Talan from my fantasy story, since he's fresh in my mind, and arguably the most interesting.






Artwork by Mirriam Neal



Where does your character live, and how does that impact them?

Brass lives in Bannock Town, on the coast of Khassan. More specifically, he lives in a section of town known as The Spills (since that's where several major rivers meet the ocean). Its filthy, violent, and crime ridden. I'm not really sure if that has an impact on him, or if he has that impact on the town. It's anyone's guess, at this point. The general mood of the area is to fend for yourself, so that really helps him remain anonymous and low profile.

If they could book a vacation to anywhere in the/their world, where would they go and why?

I'd say he'd book a ship to Bogs-Den, pick up a load of furs, then sail over to Dierst and sell them for a hefty profit. Because he doesn't vacation. He's always up to something.

On a scale from 1 (low) to 10 (high), how ambitious are they?

Oh, I'd say about an 11. The man never stops. He's always after something. Never a dull moment with him. He's always plotting. It's really hard for his non conniving writer to keep up.

What do they want to achieve long-term?

The complete and utter destruction of the Dukes of the coastal provinces, and the overthrow of the current king. He's got lofty goals.

Who inspires them?

Um...I guess I'm going to say his enemies. The dukes and nobles of the country. Every success they have, every slight they make at him, all spurs him to more action.

How would they handle seclusion?

He handles it fine, and prefers it actually. The only reason he interacts with people at all is to glean information. If a time ever came where he no longer needed to plot and plan he'd disappear and never be seen again.

Are they a cat person, or a dog person?

Brass Talan doesn't concern himself with pets. He does have a ring with a wolf on it, and he's particularly fond of wolves in general, so I guess that makes him a dog person.

What's their favorite type of weather?

Living in the Spills, the only type of weather he gets is foggy, or storms. Of the two, he prefers the fog. But, if he could snap his fingers and command the weather he would like a calm, sunny day.

When they're hungry, does it show? How?

I suppose so. He doesn't make a big deal out of it really, but he'll find the nearest shop and steal something to eat.

What's one Bible verse your character would identify with?

Oh boy. I can think of at least 800 that he would benefit from reading, but one that he can identify with? Probably any of the Psalms where David talks about being surrounded on every side by enemies. I think Brass gets to feeling that way sometimes. He just wont admit it.


 
The end!
 I hope you enjoyed that little glimpse into my story.
 Make sure to check out Liv's blog to read what others are posting for this linkup.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to be posting mine today too! Oh this boy! He sounds like such a handful. I love him already! That picture is perfect, he's got this devilish grin! I also love the name of the place he lives, The Spills. Suits him.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fastest comment ever lol. I can’t wait to read it!! I’m glad you approve of him. I’m ready to get this first draft finished so I can hurry and fix some of the major problems that way you can actually see it haha.
      I’m still madly in love with his picture. It’s perfect. She did such a great job.
      Glad you like it!

      Delete
    2. XD I do, he is the kind of character I look for. Oh me too, I need his story!
      It's so good!

      Delete