Wednesday, October 17, 2018

A Mid-Autumn Crisis

 
Hello all!
 
Relient K has a song called High of 75, and in it there is a line that says:
"Lately the weather has been so bipolar and consequently so have I."
 
That's kind of my motto lately.
 
The weather went from raining for a week straight, to snow, to t-shirt weather.
It was warmer here in Nebraska than it was in Arizona.
I, on the other hand, went from task to task and never really got any of it done.
 Except binge watching an entire four season series on Netflix in five days. I did do that.
Two of my three favorite characters died. I was emotionally unstable for days after.
 
Ahem.
 
Moving on.
 
I've been frantically editing and re-editing the super secret project I mentioned earlier. It's so close to being done, so be on the lookout over the coming week. (Don't need to look too hard. I'll make it blatantly obvious to the world when its finished.)
 
We also got our Author ARC's (Advanced Reader Copies) from the Five Poisoned Apples contest.
You guys, it is going to be such a good collection.
I turned in my last round of revisions on it yesterday, and it has been so much fun getting to read the other winning entries.
They are fantastic, and I can't wait for you all to get to read it in December.
 
I keep telling myself I'm prepping for NaNo, but this is a lie. I don't even know what I'm going to write. I always have Bad Boy to fall back on, since he does technically need finished, but I like starting a fresh idea for NaNo, so we shall see.
 
I tore down the garden, filled my yard with pumpkins, and the neighbors are harvesting so now it officially feels like fall. You know, after we had spring and winter last week.
 
My beloved Nebraska Huskers are 0 and 6 for the first time in their history, and it's giving me trauma. They are playing so hard and I love what I'm seeing, but the losses just keep piling up.
 
It's just been a crazy couple of weeks. It kind of feels like I'm having a mid-autumn crisis.
I'm even thinking about dying my hair.
 
 
This was, in fact, a ramble post. I had no idea what to blog about this morning. I have things in the works for the next two weeks, they're just not quite ready yet.
So I apologize for this rather boring filler post, and send with it a promise to do better next time.
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. The title of this post is fantastic, wish I would have thought of it.
    You listen to Relient K! We have very similar tastes :D
    I like rambling posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thanks!
      I do! Yes, we both have excellent taste.
      That’s good, cuz I write a lot of them XD

      Delete