Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Farewell, September

Google
Hi guys!
 
I kid you not, I think September only lasted about two weeks. We're missing the rest of it somewhere.
Here it is, already October. *throws spiders like confetti*
October rolled in with some very foggy, mist filled days and fifty degree weather, so I'm going to talk about what happened last month, while wearing fuzzy pajama pants and sitting next to the heater.
 
 
 
During September I did quite a bit of horse riding. We're in the middle of weaning calves, so Flint got put to work. Henry loves getting to see him.

 
Jarod's dad, Roger, and his wife Michelle came from Tuscan AZ for a two week visit. We had a lot of fun, and they were super helpful, as they happened to come right in the middle of chopping silage.

 
Silage chopping was started and completed! I successfully survived feeding 7-11 people, two meals a day.
 
I saw my first NeedtoBreathe concert, and it was hands down the best thing I've ever gone to see. So good.
 
 
Me and my sisters went Junk Jaunting, which is like state wide antique garage sales. So much cute stuff. So little money. I did find a few great things, and they look absolutely darling in my house.
 
My first article was published on Story Embers. If you haven't read it yet, I'd love if you'd go take a look. I had so much fun this first month with the team there, and I'm even more excited for the rest of this internship.

The blog got updated, which you probably already noticed. The new header was designed by Savannah Grace and I love it. Thanks, Savannah!
 
And perhaps the most important thing.
The leaves changed color.
 
 
 
Trevor McNevan of Thousand Foot Krutch released his solo album, I Am The Storm: Fight Musik vol. 1, and so I've had that playing on my ipod. It's good. It's not exactly what I'm used to hearing from him, but its growing on me.
 
I finally finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It only took me two months. I started it on Netflix, then ended up not turning Netflix on for a frighteningly long time, so I just got back to it yesterday, and my goodness. The feels. It was such a good movie. Go watch it.
 
I didn't do a huge amount of reading last month, but I did finish The Farseer Trilogy. I have so many emotions right now. I feel like I need to start a GoFundMe so I can raise support to go buy every other book Robin Hobb has ever written.
I also read How's Moving Castle, and it was the best. I have such a strange feeling toward Howl. I love him. But not exactly in an 'I want to marry this fictional character' way. He's so unique from anything I've read lately, and that just makes me really happy.
 
 
 
Halloween!!! I'm so excited. I've got Henry's costume, and I'm working on mine. Jarod doesn't think he's going to get in on the whole trick or treat thing. He is so wrong.
 
Harvest. Now that chopping is out of the way, the menfolk will be getting ready to pick corn and beans. I like that way better than chopping, for some reason. I still cook for the crew, but picking just isn't as intense as chopping.
 
Top secret project that I plan to have done within the next couple weeks, and then I will let you all know.
 
Preparing for Nano. AKA, trying to decide which story to write.
 
 
What did you do last month? Do you have any fantastic plans for October? Are you dressing up for Halloween? Give me all the details!

2 comments:

  1. I am loving the new design, it's so aesthetic. The color scheme is amazing as well!
    I'm glad you had a good if not incredibly busy month.
    Loving that Howl got a mention. Ooooh a secret project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I’m so glad you like it!! I’m in love with it. I still need to tweak a couple of the shades to match everything else, but I’m glad you like where it’s going.
    Yes! Definitely busy, but it’s worth it when a persons having fun.
    Well of course. Yes spray green slime everywhere if i didn’t.
    Yes! I think you’re gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete