Wednesday, February 20, 2019

A Heart-Shaped Box of OTPs Tag

 
Hi guys!
 
So I stumbled on this chocolate covered romantic linkup and since it’s still February, I thought it would be fun.
Check here to see the other posts in the linkup.
 
The object of the game is to select an OTP (one true pairing—those characters you love to ship together) to represent each type of chocolate in a box of valentine’s candies. They can be from books, movies, TV shows, whatever. Sound fun? Alright. Here we go.

1. Original Chocolate Heart - The OTP that started it all
Here we run into the problem of I’ve always been a hopeless romantic so I don’t remember which was the first. But I would guess Peter Pan and Wendy.

2. Dark Chocolate - The OTP with the most drama
They’re all very dramatic, but gonna go with Will Herondale and Tessa Gray from the Infernal Devices for this one. Tessa is fine, but Will brings enough drama to the relationship for both of them—if not more. He is, after all, cursed.


3. Caramel Filled - The OTP that's simple and sweet
Robin Hood and Maid Marian. I’m partial to the Disney version, but really any of them will do. Their story isn’t simple, but their love is. They aren’t fighting each other, or squabbling all the time. They just love each other and that’s that.

4. Raspberry Chocolate - The forbidden-love OTP
Murtagh and Nasuada from The Inheritance Cycle. Not gonna lie, I hated this pairing through most of the series, but then toward the end of the last book I warmed up to the idea. As long as he loves her from a distance.

5. White Chocolate - The odd OTP you still somehow manage to love
Mir and Eva from Monster. This one is just a little odd because there is so much Mir doesn’t know, so Eva has to balance out being his mom/teacher/girlfriend, but oh they do it so well.

6. Peanut Butter Chocolate - The OTP everybody and their sisters ship
Bellamy and Clarke from The 100. Why don’t they just kiss already???

 
7. Cherry-Filled - The OTP that you fear no one knows about
Charlie and Monroe from Revolution. I know she’s like half his age, but it was there. You cannot convince me otherwise. And by golly, they would have ruled the world.

8. Chocolate with Almonds - The fun and nutty OTP
Not gonna lie, I shipped Alice with Hatter like crazy. But alas.

9. Chocolate with Coconut - The OTP who came from different backgrounds
Katara and Zuko from Avatar the Last Airbender. Why are my OTPs destined for failure??

10. Mint Chocolate - The OTP you'll love until you die
I really truly hate mint chocolate, so this category bugs me, but Eelyn and Fiske. They are perfection. Absolute perfection. Which I'll get into more in a week or so when I review this baby.

~*~
Extra Large Box of Chocolates

11. Orange Creme - The OTP you never expected to love
Daryl and Carol from The Walking Dead.
 
 
12. Salted Caramel - The OTP who worked the most on their relationship
Taichi and Evalina from Between these Lines. (It's available for pre-order now, by the way, and you get perks) Boy did they work. And it was gorgeous.
 

13. Chocolate Covered Raisins - The young OTP you know will work out one day
Mike and 11 from Stranger Things (Viewer discretion advised). They were the only teeny boppers I could think of that I’ve ever shipped.

14. Chocolate JalapeƱo - The OTP that can't be together but you ship it anyways
Gale and Katniss from The Hunger Games. It should have been, man. Should have been.

15. Ferrero Rocher - The best dressed/best looking OTP
Kaz and Inej from Six of Crows. Their looks could kill, but they look mighty fine.

16. Chocolate Covered Coffee Bean - The energetic OTP that keeps you on your toes
Piper and Mariano from The Lost Girl of Astor Street. Piper just goes from one thing to the next and he takes it all in stride.

17. Chocolate Dipped Strawberry - The OTP that's just absolutely adorable
Kili and Tauriel from the movie Hobbit. He’s got the spunk of a ten foot dwarf.

18. Chocolate with Nougat - The OTP full of fluff and nonsense
I...I don’t read fluff. I don’t watch nonsense. My OTPs are all drenched in blood...Larry and Barbara Manatee

19. Chocolate with Walnuts - The OTP with the bumpiest relationship
Damon and Elena from The Vampire Diaries.
 
 Bumps seem like an understatement, but yeah. They had some bumps.

20. Chocolate Butterscotch - The OTP with the best banter
Tris and Four from Divergent. They kill me. So does their author, coincidentally.
 
 
 
Who is your favorite OTP? Do they actually get together? Do they live??
I want to hear!

 

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you included Barbara Manatee xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't help it. They are relationship goals XD

      Delete
  2. Larry and Barbara Manatee...I'm crying.

    These are all so good! I love Robin and Marian with ALLLL my heart <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin Hood and Maid Marian never fight... *glances at the book I'm currently writing* Whelp...
    (Seriously, though, they're one of my top ships as well, but I go for versions of them with a bit more drama.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choices!
    Damon and Elena and Kaz and Inej are my favorites.



























    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining in!! I really enjoyed reading your answers!!

    Ok -- mint chocolate is my absolute favorite, and so that's why I labeled the tag as such. I realize people don't always prefer it, but I'm sentimentally biased. *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very fun!
      Lol, I get it. I'm the only one in my family who doesn't like mint chocolate.

      Delete