Friday, June 19, 2015

Beautiful Parents


So this month of Beautiful People is awesome and rather challenging as it features our favorite characters' parents. Those elusive creatures that lurk in the background of our stories, sometimes the bad guys, or the suppliers of ditzy humor, or the hole that eats away in our poor tormented babies' hearts.
My characters are about fifty/fifty with having parents around or not.
I've been making an effort to make them not so mean or dumb. I don't know why they like to turn out that way. My parents are neither. Don't know how I got that cliché stuck in my head.
But oh well.

I'm going to use Reeve and Creed for this round. I'm trying to get back into both stories, and I feel like this might help. Possibly...Maybe...Not making any promises.

Who shall I torture first...
Creed.

1. Do they know both their biological parents? Why/why not?
I do know them, or should I say I did know them, but that is a very long story. My Uncle Urijah and Master Adekin have been more parents to me than either of them, so I think we will just leave it at that.

Come now Creed, be reasonable. Give them some information.

Information makes me vulnerable.

You already are.

Fine. I knew my father for about ten years. Technically I knew my mother, but I don't remember her as well. She left when I was five or so.
 
2. Have they inherited any physical resemblances from their parents?

I have two legs, just like my father.
I also have ten fingers, a trait I'm told I get from my mother.

3. What's their parental figure(s) dress style? Add pictures if you like!
My father dressed like most of the men do. Usually some kind of traveling clothes that he could ride in. I remember him wearing armor a lot too, or at least partial armor most of the time.
I don't remember as much about what my mother wore...bright colors. Beads.

4. Do they share any personality traits with their parental figures? And which do they take after most?
As I said, I don't remember my mother well enough to tell you how much I take after her. I do know that I share my father's personality...I'm told I'm very much like him, or at least, I'm expected to be. He had an uncanny ability to sniff out trouble, and my uncle always goes on about his 'head for battle'. I seem to have inherited those traits, unfortunately.

5. Do they get on with their parental figure(s) or do they clash?
My mother abandoned me when I was five. Apparently we clashed.

6. If they had to describe their parental figure(s) in one word, what would it be?
........I.....I think....gone. Gone will suffice.

7. How has their parental figure(s) helped them most in their life?

Um....They've helped me to know that I can get by fine on my own...

8. What was their biggest fight with their parental figure(s)?
I'd rather not talk about it.

9. Tracing back the family tree, what nationalities are in their ancestry?
I was born in Nequaf, but if you trace back my father's line it goes straight back to Irlepo, which is across the Magproc Ocean. Mother was mostly Irlepolan as well, but she did have a bit of Nicc and Fluret in her as well. Master Adekin tells me I'm bound to be some kind of descendant of Parcad. He's a human elf mixed blood that introduced magic to humans. I haven't any idea if he is correct or not though.

                        10. What’s their favorite memory with their parental figure(s)?
I don't have any.

Alright Reeve it's your turn to be tortured.

I think I'll pass. Watching him was plenty.

Get over here.

1. Do they know both their biological parents? Why/why not?
Sure do. Both of them. I thought you said this was going to be tormenting?

2. Have they inherited any physical resemblances from their parents?

Well, you know, that's a point to be debated apparently. My mom thinks I look like her and dad says I look like him. I'm like my dad. He's kind of long and stretched out. My eyes are blue though like my moms.

3. What's their parental figure(s) dress style? Add pictures if you like!
Depends where they are going. They dress very professional for work, but at home they look like regular people. Jeans, tshirts, whatever.

4. Do they share any personality traits with their parental figures? And which do they take after most?
I...I really don't think I have much in common with them personality wise. They're perfect. Very professional and serious. I have a very hard time being serious.

5. Do they get on with their parental figure(s) or do they clash?
No, we get along alright. I mean, they're parents. They get on me to clean my room, answer my phone, come home, and stuff. But its not bad. They're really not home much, so I don't usually have a chance to clash with them.


6. If they had to describe their parental figure(s) in one word, what would it be?
Perfect. Like, they're the couple everyone wants to be. Great job, happy marriage, decent kid, nice house.

7. How has their parental figure(s) helped them most in their life?
Well....Um, financially I suppose. They're always ready to fork over cash if I need it.

8. What was their biggest fight with their parental figure(s)?
It's really hard to fight with my parents. I'll just be starting to say something and their boss will call or something. I can't really think of any big blow ups.

9. Tracing back the family tree, what nationalities are in their ancestry?
Dad's got some German in his family. I don't know of any others.

10. What’s their favorite memory with their parental figure(s)?
One time when I was little we went to spend the weekend with my grandparents, and I convinced my dad to set up a tent in the yard instead of sleeping in the spare room. We camped out at night, and we played in the river. Mom had sand in her hair and Dad was laughing and it was great.



No comments:

Post a Comment