The ever amazing Skye has nominated me for the Liebster Award, so here I am, Liebing and awarding and answering questions and attempting to follow these dastardly rules....
The Dastardly Rules In Question:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the eleven new questions.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominated.
4. Notify the new nominees of their award.
Not so bad. So far so good. Moving on!
The Non-Dastardly Questions:
1.Why do you write?
Now that is somewhat dastardly, asking me such a question. Why do you breathe? I write because I have to get the stories out of my head. I love reading other peoples' stories and I want to be able to share mine with others. Writing lets me be someone besides me.
2. Favorite fictional character this month?
Hmmm, yet another mildly dastardly question. I don't know probably the same as it was six months ago. I haven't read. I'm just going to go with Jehu from the Boston Jane series. My sisters were reading that series out loud to each other just recently and hearing bits and pieces from the story rekindled my love for the perfect pirate that he is. (My sisters tell me that he is not a pirate, but if you take the time to read the series, you will find that Jane assesses his looks and comes to the conclusion that he resembles the perfect pirate. Therefore, I am right)
3. What summer songs are you listening too?
Hmmm. This one isn't so bad. Unfortunately I've basically listened to nothing but country music this month as that is all that plays at work. Some of the ones that I have taken a liking to include
Nothin' like you by Dan and Shay
I got a car by George Strait
Pretty good day by Lonestar.
However, the one I love most and hear the least is That was then, this is now by Josh Wilson.
4. Favorite book you've read this month?
Dastardly. Completely dastardly. I haven't read a bleeding thing for months. I started to read Prodigy by Marie Lu, which was swell, but I couldn't get through it fast enough and the library informed me that I have a fine piling up. Dastardly fiends.
5. What is a movie or T.V Show, you would recommend?
I always feel so dastardly when I try to recommend things for people to watch. Dastardly, which is a word which here means guilty. Um...try Grimm. That's the only one I've been keeping up with lately. But if you are a Netflix junkie who likes to watch multiple seasons from years gone by, go with Lost.
6. What is your favorite summer activity?
Not swimming. Begging the sun to turn me to a shade slightly darker than ghastly pale seems to happen to me a lot. The sun does not oblige. Um...I like fort building. I always do that in the summer. Not sure I'll get to this year.
7. What is something you admire about yourself?
Um...............................My incredible sense of sarcasm? I don't know. That's a hard question. Dastardly even. I have no idea guys. I kinda like my eyes.
8. Favorite Bible verse?
Hmmmm, my go to for this question is always
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
9. Do you play video games, if so favorite games?
I play the Wii sometimes. I don't think those count as video games? I used to play the old school video games with my cousins, but that has been years ago. Assuming Wii can be classified as a video game, I like Dangerous Hunts the best. And then I like Wii sports resort.
10. What is something your scared to do?
Now that's a dastardly thing to ask me. I'm scared to go off the high board at the pool. It did not end well for me the first time I did it.
11. What is your goal this month?
Survive. Do something productive. Blog perhaps. Not do dastardly deeds to the people around me. Pass my review at work. That dastardly thing has been looming over me lately.
(by the way, I am using the secondary definition of dastardly. The underhanded treacherous one)
There! Step two, complete.
Now, for step three. Concoct my own diabolical questions.
1. Have you seen Insurgent yet, or do you plan to? (is that two questions?)
2. Have you had any diabolical tornadoes looming around lately?
3. When was the last time you held a baby?
4. How many texts do you send on an average day?
5. What is your opinion of t-ball? (I'm sorry. I'm mildly disturbed by the lack of winners and losers in the tiny tot realm of sports)
6. Would you ever move to Canada? (...Skye, don't you live in Canada? Should I move there?)
7. Does anyone have an embarrassing picture of you that you know about, and if so, does it bother you?
8. Are you going to read The Heir by Kiera Cass?
9. How much pop do you drink in a week?
10. I've just given you a puppy. She's a girl, all black, fluffy, and tries to eat greasy jeans and cell phones. What do you name her?
11. Could you tell these diabolical questions might have been taken from my life experiences lately?
Now...for the fourth and final rule..........FORGET IT! I am throwing off the diabolical chains of rules and regulations!
Anyone who wants to do this tag is officially tagged and awarded and nominated and what not and so forth. Go forth my minions. Embrace your destiny!