Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Mom Life


Hi everyone.

I had big plans for this first month of the year. 
I was going to get Bad Boy edited and sent off to beta readers, and I was going to tackle The Mad Hatter and force it into submission. Plus several other writerly things. 

Mainly I was going to have steady content on the blog, and posts that actually followed a pattern. 

But that’s not real life.


Real life is Henry keeps getting sick, then seemingly getting better, then coming down sick worse than the first time. We’ve been through bouts of fever, constipation, puking, and diarrhea all one after the other with not much sign of improvement. 

I’m exhausted and he’s clingy, so my days have pretty much consisted of rocking in the recliner with him while watching Pooh, Bob (veggie tales), Meow (Lion King), Zig (Spirit), or Dog (Ice Age). 
In between cartoons are frantic bursts of trying to get meals cooked, smelly laundry washed, dishes cleaned, and taxes paperwork done. 

Which means I’ve edited maybe three pages of Bad Boy, and not much else. 

But that’s ok. That’s life. I love this little boy no matter how many times he throws up on me (or how many times we watch Pooh). 
It makes me so sad seeing him sick and not feeling good, and really not being able to do much about it. 

I have two shirts that say Mommin’ Ain’t Easy. 
It’s hipster, but it’s true. 
Being a mom is definitely not easy. 
It’s exhausting, smelly, and messy. 
But it’s worth it. It’s so, so worth it. 


So the point of this rambling post is to tell you I’ll try again next week. Until then, it’s time to watch Black Beauty. We’re only on our third repetition of it. 

6 comments:

  1. Aww poor Henry! Hope he's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!!! you sound like an amazing mommy ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I'm so sorry Henry's sick! I hope he feels better soon, and that you can squeeze in some editing time when you can. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He's finally feeling better and starting to act normal again, so I'm starting to get back to work on editing.

      Delete