Tuesday, January 29, 2019

January Wrap Up

 
Hi guys!
 
Can you believe that the first month of 2019 is already over? Well...almost over. It's been a good month, over all, besides that sleep deprived issue I covered last week.
 
 
This month has been active across the spectrum. I've been listening to lots of music, mostly old stuff like 12 Stones, Reliant K, and Decipher Down.
 
I've been reading Fawkes by Nadine Brandes, and it's definitely an enjoyable read. I'm also reading The Girl With No Name by Marina Chapman, and it's great. I can barely put it down.
I also beta read two novels, both of which were fantastic, and I'm working my way through reading Psalms. For some reason I thought Psalms was just a lot of nice poetry, but it has really been resonating with me lately, and I've got pages and pages of notes that I've taken as I read.
 
I've been getting up early every morning for the last week and reading my Bible, exercising, and working on writing. I'm nearly done editing what I wrote of Mad Hatter for NaNoWriMo, and I think I'll be able to keep most of it. I've been tweaking the outline a bit, and I'm excited to get started on new writing for it so I can finish it up.
 
Bad Boy is off to beta readers and I've already gotten some super helpful feedback on it, so I think it's going to be fun to edit actually.
 
 
 
Lots of moving cows, both horseback and in a vehicle. They started having their babies, so we had to bring them in from the pastures and to cornfields closer to the barn so we can check them easier.
Henry is a top hand.

 
I was asked to join Story Embers as a full time staff writer and I accepted! You'll now be seeing articles from me every month. This is the most recent one.
 
I was interviewed by Kristena Mears on her blog, which was great. All of the other Five Poisoned Apple authors were also interviewed, so be sure to click through the most recent posts to find them all.
 
We've had a few play dates for Henry, and a couple family gatherings. My youngest sister turned sixteen, which is insane. She's driving people!
 
 
 
Today starting at 5 PM CST I'm taking part in a Facebook party that is specifically geared toward Snow White retellings. There are all kinds of authors going to be there, and I'll be talking about Red as Blood, so if you would like to join check out the page before tonight.
 
Also, bitter cold and wind. I'm growing spoiled in my old age and motherhood and don't have to venture out too often, but it's still miserable, and I feel bad for Jarod out in it ... as I sit next to the fire.
 
 
Valentines Day!! Which doubles as Jarod and my anniversary of starting dating. That will make four years we've been together. I feel old. But still madly in love.
 
 
How was your January? I want to hear about it!
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your having a good month. Mine has been a bit of a mixed bag so far. Can't wait to start reading Bad Boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! I hope February rocks! I'm excited for you to!

      Delete