Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Not a Resolution Post

Hi guys!
I hope you all had a great time this past month with all of the holidays. I know I did. It was nice to have a break from blogging and sharing posts, but I'm excited to get back at it and start this new year.

Literally so much went on.

We went to the Pioneer Woman's Mercantile and Lodge in Pawhuska Oklahoma.
It was everything I imagined and much more. I had so much fun. I ate so much food. I spent so much money. It was perfect.



Our friends got married in one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever seen in my life.

I had an article on proofreading published on Story Embers. Talk about stressfully scanning the article for typos before turning it in.

We got together with three different sets of relatives for Christmas.

I went to two Christmas parties, and took Henry to pet reindeer. He was more interested in the dog, but whatever.

We attended a group Bible study and had a great time and fully plan to go back every month.


This month we have one last Christmas get-together.
I have an interview with Kristena Mears.
I expect to hear back from the agent I submitted Blood and Dust to for #FaithPitch.
It's been an arctic tundra outside the last several days. It officially snowed seven inches where I live, but the wind blew so bad that the yard is bare but the driveway has drifts 3-5 feet deep. And every day Jarod breaks through them, and every day they drift back in. My car has not left the garage in days. I've barely stepped foot outside. The highs have been anywhere from 15 to 47 degrees, but the lows were -2 to 28, and the wind chills have dropped to as much as -25.
I don't care where you live, that's cold.
 An entire new year.
I promise this isn't a resolutions post. I don't really have any resolutions.
Sure, there's things I want to do, but I'd want to do them whether it was a new year or not.
Last year was so full of crazy up's and down's.
Sometimes it felt like it was racing by at the speed of light, and other times it felt like it was dead and never going to move again.
As a family we had some awesome, fun filled times, but we also had plenty of disappointments and setbacks to the plans we thought were secure.
I was published for the first time, and started writing articles, and its been the most wonderful, stressful thing in the world. A huge thank you to everyone who has left reviews for Five Poisoned Apples and Red as Blood.
I'm not sure what the future holds. I know a lot of the things are out of my hands, and I just want to focus on being happy and content where I am. To not let the disappointments turn me bitter, but to be a lovely person in spite of them.
I want to write more. Bad Boy needs to be edited. I'm about a quarter of the way through my first read through, but I expect to be quicker now that holidays are past, so I'll let everyone know when I'm ready for beta readers.
I want to keep submitting and polishing the stories I have done, and hopefully get a few new ones written.
I want to read, because I got some amazing books for Christmas and it feels like I haven't read in months. Not only books, but stories for my friends. I've currently got two sitting on my kindle that I promise I will get to guys!
I just want to be better this year. A better wife, mom, writer. All the many hats I swap on and off on any given day.
I'm not expecting perfection, but there's always room to improve and keep growing.
So that's all I've got for you. Did you enjoy the last month of 2018? Are you ready for 2019?
(I hope so, because it's here)

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That sounds like you've had a full month! I want to read and write more this year too. Especially read. I keep acquire more books than I can read. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was!
      Oh yes! The ever growing TBR pile. I know it well! Happy new year!

      Delete
  2. You had such a full year, Maddie! So proud of you for pushing through it!
    You're awesome, can't wait to see what next year has in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I enjoyed reading all of this. December was great! Spent lots of time with people I love. I'm totally ready for 2019 & loving it so far ✨

    ReplyDelete