Wednesday, May 1, 2019

April Showers Bring May Flowers

And boy should we have flowers in May.
Google
True that.
 It's been raining the last four days, but the temperature has also been dancing dangerously close to freezing, and there has been bucket loads of snow in some areas.
But today ushers in a new month, so I have hope we are one step closer to consistently warm weather.

I'm diving back into my Blood and Dust story, so I've switched back to listening to the playlist for it. So lots of NeedtoBreathe and Skillet.

But I'm also currently obsessed with Reckless love of God by Cory Asbury. I mean, I've probably played it 900 times since downloading it two days ago. If I get up the courage, I might sing it in church.

Also, Yes I will by Vertical Worship.

I've been reading The Traitors Game by Jennifer Nielsen, and it is really interesting. So fun to read something of hers from a girl perspective after dealing with Sage/Jaron in The Ascension trilogy. The world is also very interesting. But I'll save the details for a book review.

I keep adding things to my Watch List on Netflix, but haven't actually watched anything all month that wasn't some form of children's cartoon.


Henry turned two!! Can't hardly believe it. Love him so much.


We went to my parent's house for Easter. Much fun was had by all, and I didn't need to eat for three days afterward. Not saying I didn't eat for those three days, because I most certainly did. But I didn't need to.

I had a call with Kara Swanson and we brainstormed some things to give Blood and Dust a little more oomf and uniqueness, and oh my goodness you guys. I am so excited to get to work on some of the ideas we tossed around and see how they fit. No worries to anyone who has read it in its current state though, because Cole and Calgary are very much staying.

I feel like I spent the entirety of April outside, which was definitely a good thing. There were several playdates to the park, we moved cows one day, branded calves, and helped Jarod get all the planting equipment ready to go. We picked up the electric fence from the fields, and also spent a day burning and clearing debris that had washed in from the flood. We've got baby kittens and their eyes are starting to open finally, so they're ready to be played with.






Everything is greening up beautifully. I have tulips blooming, and the plum and cherry trees are blossoming and the world smells so good. I even mowed the yard yesterday.



May is hopefully going to bring a ton of writing as I mess with Blood and Dust and hopefully tinker with Bad Boy and Mad Hatter. I'm also letting myself do a little planning for a Viking story. So good things.

I've been doing some quilt related work for my mom, and I've got some more of that to do this month. It's tedious, and the exact reason I will never be a quilter, but coupled with my guitar lesson money it keeps me funded for buying books and music and whatnot.

Mother's Day. I already know what I'm getting, as it is a combination mother's day, birthday, Christmas, etc. etc. gift. I'm just really kind of curious when I get it. Sooner would be much preferable in my opinion. Now I just need to figure out what to get my mom.



So that was my month in a nutshell.
How was yours?


5 comments:

  1. This all sounds so exciting! Except for the cold and snow! Love the birthday pictures ~ Jenelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Henry is beyond adorable! So excited about all the writing things. Glad Calgary and Cole won't change too much, you know I love them.
    You know Kara Swanson. That's so cool, I've heard good things about her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love them too. They should be safe.
      I do! Online anyway, lol, haven't actually met her. Her books are phenomenal.

      Delete