Monday, March 2, 2015

Blocks

Hello all.
I'm sorry I've not been posting much variety lately. You see, I've run into a block. A writing block. A reading block. I just can't seem to get in the mood for the fictional world lately.
I started Prodigy by Marie Lu, and I do like it, but I'm not in love with it yet.
Last week while sitting in the back of the room at quilt guild I wrote about a hundred words in Running Crazy before I lost all inspiration. That's about the only writing I've done on it all month. I've messed with RP Fantasy briefly, but nothing substantial.
It's got me feeling kind of bummed, honestly. I know I've had these before, and eventually I will get motivated again, but until then I am just stuck with the feeling of wanting to do something with my stories, but not being able to think of anything. I'm just so tired lately, and my brain is racing a thousand miles an hour trying to deal with the real things in my life, that when I come home in the evenings I just want to curl up in bed. Or- if I must stay with the awake world- stare at a computer screen where I don't have to put forth any effort to think and process.
I will come out of it eventually, and I'm going to try to spice up my blog posts whether I feel like writing or not.
Is there anything you want to read about?

8 comments:

  1. Your not alone. I've been feeling that way lately. I want to get the first draft of my WIP A Saving Rose rolling, but I can't think of anything good to put in the plot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, Maddie. We all have those times. When it happens to me I try reading or writing a different genre than I usually do. Or I try something else new, like a new music style, or a different sort of art, like painting or drawing. Try doing other creative things and see if that helps stimulate your desire to read and write. Hope you get out of your block soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too. Me too. Maybe you could try taking a break? Or do something different, like Fan Month that is running over at Sometimes I'm a Story? I'm doing it to read others blogs while I work out where I'm going with mine.

    http://semilegacy.blogspot.co.nz/p/fan-month-central.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a little case of writer's block as well. Every time I have the time to sit down and write, nothing comes out the right way. Hope you like Prodigy. I tried to read it, but it ended up crossing some of my boundaries in places:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like we're all in a bit of a slump.
      Oh yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. haven't got to those parts yet, but I know they're coming.

      Delete