Friday, December 4, 2015

Let's Talk Turkey

Well my lovelies, did you survive the turkey holiday? 
I hope so. 
It would be tragic to lose a reader to food coma. 
(sorry, I can't help but think of this kid whenever I say let's talk turkey. He liked to run around saying that. As well as things about Mongolian hoards and eating cats)

My Thanksgiving was insane. The whole week was, really. Saturday, Minion one turned sixteen. Presents!!
Sunday, Daddy-kin turned fifty. Presents and cake!!! We invited grandma and Jarod over. 
For some reason my mom made turkey. 
She made turkey, the weekend before thanksgiving. 
When we would be eating turkey. Go figure. 
After evening church that day I went to Jarod's house and we continued the Hobbit\Lord of the Rings marathon we have been having. (Just got one movie left!)
I'm loving the movies. So glad I finally got to watch them. The only downside was that I've been waiting all along to see the death of a certain character because I couldn't remember how it went in the book. Well...I fell asleep. I stayed awake for the beginning, and for the ending, but the middle part I zonked out. And of course, characters always die in middles, so I slept through it. When I questioned my skinny man on why he didn't wake me, he said he tried, and when he did I curled up and said "Jarod, stop" in a real small winy voice, so he just let me be. Dang it. 
Then Tuesday came and we packed up several kids and took off to go watch The Hunger Games: The Mockingjay Part 2 for Minion 1's birthday. It. Was. Fabulous. 
I will be posting a movie review. 
Thursday was snowing and blowing and we were all pretty nervous we were going to get stuck with a big pile of turkey when no one showed up to eat it. But, four-wheel drive and some capable men in the family pulled through. I went with Jarod at noon to his cousin's house. And we had turkey and all the fixings, and played a card game called Golf. I had never played it before. It was rather fun. And I scored higher than Jarod, which is really all that matters in life. 
Then we headed back to my house. In a vehicle like this. 
These things are not warm when it is snowing and blowing. At all. 
But anyway, we got there and my aunt, uncle, cousin, and grandma were all there. So we ate turkey and all the fixings again. (We'd taken about two hours to digest)
Then we watched movies and visited. The movie was For Greater Glory. 
Everyone I love dies. Typical. But a very good movie. 
Love this guy...he also looks creepily alike to one of my cousins...
Once my relatives all packed up and left we discovered cows out in the yard. Upon further investigation we also found cows all over the road, in our trees, on our hay field, and meandering down the canal road. 
So us and Jarod spent half the night chasing cows around. And I broke the window on the Geo. So it was even colder. We did eventually get them all in and Jarod went home at midnight. I went to bed, but dad and mom fell in a hole while checking the fence, so I had to take the other pickup and go pull them out. So I didn't get to bed till closer to two. 
Then that Saturday I hauled Jarod to my mom's side of the family to meet my aunts, cousins, and grandma. We ate turkey and all the fixings. 
All in all, it was a fun thanksgiving time, and also a very exhausting one, and I'm not at all hungry for turkey or fixings anymore. 


2 comments: