Friday, January 24, 2014

Every Word He Spoke Was A Lie

I was able to get my critique back for my contest submission for GoTeenWriter's writing prompt I told you guys about earlier. The winners are posted on the blog this morning, so you should go check them out. There are some amazing ones. http://goteenwriters.blogspot.com/

But I wanted to share my entry with you all! Here it is.


Every word he spoke was a lie.
I watched through the interrogation room window as my captain asked questions.
"You're Mason Jager?"
"Yes."
"You're twenty?"
"Yes."
"You played football last week?"
"We lost."
Lies.
I scowled. The only guy we could link to the trouble in the lower sectors, and we couldn't get one honest answer from him.
I called my man out and sighed. Somehow he'd managed to lie about everything.
The captain walked out. "I don't understand."
"I'll try." I headed for the door.
"There's no reason for it." He continued.
"There's always a reason." I turned the knob. "I just need to find it."

I had a lot of fun writing that. I'm still mulling over the idea of a character who never tells the truth. Ever. That would be fun to  me. And maddening. We'll see where that goes I guess. I still have to finish what I started last year. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment