Thursday, January 2, 2014

55 questions for yours truly.

While snooping through my blog feed I saw that two of the gals had done these 55 questions, and I thought it looked fun so I'm going to give it a try. Here's the links to their blogs so you can check out their answers-
http://ramblingsbybethany.blogspot.com/2013/12/55-reading-questions.html
http://shieldmaidenthoughts.wordpress.com/



1. Favorite childhood book? Oh wow. I had phases. When I was very little I liked my book Daniel Boone. Then I got older and fell in love with the Sadie Rose series. And then I loved Back to Basics and the Survival Manual. Then Christina's Ghost. And now there's way too many.

2. What are you currently reading? Kisses From Katie- Katie Davis. Legend- Marie Lu. Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen. A Study in Scarlet- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Ring of Secrets- Roseanna M. White. Clockwork Angel- Cassandra Clare

3. What books do you have on request at the library? None currently.

4. What is a bad book habit you have? I don't know...probably dog-earing. Or reading when I'm supposed to be cleaning something ;)

5. What do you have checked out from the library? Legend- Marie Lu. Clockwork Angel- Cassandra Clare.

6. Do you have an e-reader? No, but I finally gave in and got the Kindle app cause I was missing out on all the free/on sale books.

7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several? ^ See question two. Haha, I love reading several books at a time.

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog? Nope. Not at all.

9. Least favorite book you read this year? Hmmm, I read so many good ones. Fellowship of the Ring.

10. Favorite book you read this year? Oh golly. Pick one of The Infernal Devices or Divergent books and that will be my favorite. I can't choose.

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone? Not very often. I like to read what I like. I probably get out of my zone a couple times a year, for school.

12. What is your reading comfort zone? Fantasy, western, historical fiction, dystopia, Christian, young adult.

13. Can you read in the car? Oh yes! That's where I get most of my reading done. I'm more likely to get sick in the car though, than the pickup.

14. Favorite place to read? Anywhere is fine. I read in bed and in the living room, and car, or wherever.

15. What is your policy on book lending? Give it back.

16. Do you dog-ear books? All the time, unless it's not mine.

17. Do you ever write in margins of your books? Nah, not really. Sometimes in my Bible. Or if my math book does a problem wrong and I have a better way I'll write that down for my siblings to use.

18. Not even with text books? If the text book is wrong, then I'll correct it.

19. Favorite language to read in? Um...English.

20. What makes you love a book? An awesome guy, and an exciting, fast pace story. I usually want some kind of life or death situation.

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book? An awesome guy. Or a plot twist I never saw coming.

22. Favorite genre? Dystopia, Fantasy, Historic/western

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did)? Mystery. I used to read them a lot, but as I got older, the books got less appealing to me.

24. Favorite biography? That's a toss up between Tim Tebow: Through My Eyes, and Company Aytch by Sam Watkins.

25. Have you ever read a self-help book? Umm...I don't think so.

26. Favorite cookbook? Uh, my moms....

27. Most inspirational book you've read this year (fiction or nonfiction)? Running Lean by Diane L. Sharples...or Kisses From Katie, but I'm not quite finished with that.

28. Favorite reading snack? I don't eat much when I read.

29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience. Can't think of one. Usually I like to read the books people are hyped up about.

30. How often do you agree with critics about a book? Not often. They either bash it too much, or make it too great.

31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? I try not to give them.

32. If you could read in a foreign language, what would you choose? Uh...elvish. ;)

33. Most intimidating book you've ever read? Understanding the Times.

34. Most intimidating book you're too nervous to begin? The second Lord of The Rings book.

35. Favorite poet. Emily Dickens is the only one I've read beside my own so....

36. How many books do you usually have checked out at the library at any given time? Usually only one. Or even none. I buy a lot of my own books.

37. How often have you returned books to the library unread? Lots. If it's overdue I'll return it then check it out the next week.

38. Favorite fictional character? Oh you did not just ask that. No. Okay, Murtagh, from the Inheritance Cycle. Gale, Katniss, and Finnick from The Hunger Games. Tris and Four/Tobias from Divergent. Riley and Levi from the Sadie Rose books. Andrew from American Diaries: Maddie Retta Lauren. Strider from Lord of the Rings. and I'll stop right there cause my mom wants the computer soon.

39. Favorite fictional villain? I guess I'll just throw Murtagh in again. My fave villains are mostly in movies.

40. Books I'm most likely to bring on vacation? Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris, and then whatever I'm reading.

41. The longest I've gone without reading? Months. I go through stretches where I only write.

42. Name a book that you could/would not finish. Halflings. Ugh.

43. What distracts you easily when you're reading? Not much. Noise and tv don't bother me. Usually it's only when it's like my favorite show ever on tv. Then I can't read. Other then that I'm in my own world.

44. Favorite film adaption of a novel? Catching Fire! Oh my gosh Catching Fire!

45. Most disappointing film adaption? Eragon. So, so Eragon. That movie was horrible. They needed Elva, Murtagh, Katrina, and Angela to make the movie able to go on to the next book. They had scenes for each of those characters. Two minute scenes each, that would have left the hour and a half long movie well under the usual two hour limit. And they cut them. And ruined everything. Murtagh was the only character they got relatively close to being right.

46. The most money you've ever spent in the bookstore at one time? I don't do much shopping in book stores, cause there aren't many around my area. Usually I shop online. I think the most I've spent on Amazon at a time is thirty dollars.

47. How often do you skim a book before reading? I don't usually skim before I read, but I usually get half way through a book and start to panic about something so I skim the rest of it looking for a clue. Usually the name of the character I love, to make sure they survive to the end. Cause if I don't skim, they usually die.

48. What would cause you to stop reading a book halfway through? If it was boring me to death, I would stop. Other than that I can handle violence and stuff. I don't like tons of cussing and sexual stuff.

49. Do you like to keep your books organized? If they make it to the shelf, I like to keep them organized, but the stack next to my bed and in my purse isn't at all organized.

50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you've read them? Horror of horrors! What madness is this? I keep ALL of my books.

51. Are there any books you've been avoiding? Yeah, The Mortal Instruments. I loved the prequel series, and I see all kinds of awesome quotes from TMI, but I will not be reading those. No sir.

52. Name a book that made you angry. Um, books usually make me sad, not angry. I did throw Inheritance by Christopher Paolini at my car window (while mom was driving) and then didn't read it for a week. But that's because I was sad. Not exactly angry.

53. A book you didn't expect to like but did. The Revised Life of Ellie Sweet by Stephanie Morrill. I didn't think it was going to be bad, but modern setting, coming of age type stories aren't usually my cup of tea.

54. A book you expected to like but didn't. I thought I would like Halflings, but I didn't. I closed it at chapter three.

55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading. Uh, I don't know. Any kind of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment