Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What Did You Just Call Me??


                                         Today I decided to talk about nicknames.
           Not sure why but I thought it might be fun since I have so many of them. 

Now everyone has nicknames but it seems like we have an over abundance of them running
                                                              around in my family. 
 I don't know how many of you were in on the Lost craze a couple years back, but there  was
                                                     this guy names James Sawyer...
                                                and he had a nickname for everyone.
                    Ridiculous, insulting, profane nicknames, but nicknames none the less.
                                             That's kind of how things are in my family.
                      Around here we have names like Frog, Chicken, Catfish, and Stork.
(Those all came from my dad and his friends and I won't even try to name all the ones he's told me about, and no, no one has any idea why they call each other that)
 
I have nicknames for my sisters. Padawan, Minion, Parabatai, The Gang, (cause we're cool yo) and my littlest sister gets called Bellatrix.
Now I didn't  mean to name her after the psycho witch on Harry Potter, but her nickname from my mom is Bella. And Bellatrix fits. (She should be thanking me- at least she can't get associated with Twilight now.) But she can't seem to appreciate my kindness.

                         I also call her Darling, kid, and kiddo. She hates those too. 
My middle sister was called Bug, and Wheezy, and Wheezy Bug. Also Skinny Marie, and Loubug, and Lou La.

                          Then there's me. Oh boy me. I've got some fun ones believe me.
When I was little dad called me Big Cat. Not sure why. But I liked it. Well my uncle picked up on that but he called me Wild Cat. Guess I was a little crazy way back then.
                                                     (I'vE gRoWn oUt oF It NoW.)
My uncle has a son. My cousin. And golly do we have some fun. But he has also managed to tease me relentlessly my whole life. He called me pole cat.
                                                 Anyone not know what that is?
                                                                           Here.
                                                         Uh huh. Love right there. 
Moving on to happier times, I have two aunts on my moms side. On called me Bratty Maddie. Now that doesn't rhyme and I was never a brat so I don't know where that came from. The other one called me Brat and Rugrat. So kind.
 
Now going to camp in cowboy boots is not the thing to do. Don't know why, but in the gaga ball pit you automatically become target number one and people call you Boots and The Cowgirl all week. It's just a fact.
If you wear a Winchester ball cap, you're going to have maintenance guys calling you Winchester Chick. This is what happens when they like you enough to take note of your existence, but not enough to remember your real name.
 
Somewhere along the line your best friend starts calling you Maddie Katty (again, it doesn't rhyme- honestly people). Her boyfriend (the guy who's supposed to agree with her) will always call you Katty Maddie. He just will. 
                                                       Such is the life of me at camp.
 
                                            When I was younger I wanted to be a rapper.
                                                                    Uh huh. Shocking.
And my name was going to be EmJay (I have the coolest signature for that by the way) cause my initials are m and j. But no one would call me that nickname :( I had to sign all my tablets like that alone and have people laugh at me constantly.
Oddly enough the other day I was asked to help out with a melodrama and play the part of MJ. Bean. 
                                                                 Pronounced EmJay.
                                                                 Like my rapper self.
Unfortunately I won't be able to help out with the play, but it's rekindled my dreams to walk around all swag and ya.
                                                                               Uh. 
                                                      No one will call me that though.
                                                            I'm stuck with Madeline.

                                                                          And Loony.

                                                                           And Loon.
                                                       (thanks mom, for that last one) 

                                                But That's the wonderful world of my life.
 

2 comments:

  1. Girl you will always be maddie to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lol of all my nicknames, that is the one I like.

    ReplyDelete