Sunday, November 10, 2013

My Awesome Workout

Lately a lot of my friends have been starting workout routines. They run so many miles in so much time, and do this many pushups every day. It's very impressive. So I decided to jump on the band wagon. I too work out. I do these awesome fist pump type things, along with high knees, and walking miles and miles. It takes about seven days to go through the whole routine, and the best part is,
I ONLY HAVE TO DO IT TWICE A YEAR.
.........
I stumped you there didn't I? Want me to explain?
Twice a year I help my parents walk around four or five corn fields and put in electric fence (and then take it out later) so we can put cows out to cornstalks. Each field is several miles around. I walk around it carrying 6-8 posts (depending on who made the bundle. If it was my sister, she's probably going to hand me eight for me to lug around. Because she loves me), along with a hammer. Every twenty-four steps, I pound a post in. And while I'm trudging along, tripping through cornstalks and saying nasty things about the amount of posts I've been given, I tell myself that its all totally worth it because I'm getting an amazing workout. Totally.

So now that I've been a cruel blogger and tricked you guys, and then explained myself, I can finally get around to telling you that that is what I've been doing. We've gotten five of the fields done. Only one left to go. WOOHOO!! Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment (horror of horrors) so in the morning I will be skipping out of fence work and going in to town. Not sure which one I'd rather skip, but oh well. At least I'll be in a vehicle with a CD player. I plan to torture my poor mother by making her listen to my brand new Skillet and Red CD's, that my awesome friend was so great to give me for my birthday. Despite mom's popular belief, the music is awesome and you should really check it out if you haven't already.
I'm getting off subject aren't I? My profile told you I was crazy. You were warned.
Anyway, I took a few pictures, just in case someone has never seen what I mean by posts and electric fence and what not. I'm gathering ideas for new blog posts, so you'll probably be seeing more writing related things coming up in the near future. Stay tuned!
Unrolling the wire with mom.

The field. Those dots up there by the blob of pickup are my sisters and mom. Aren't they pretty?

Behold! A perfectly pounded post.

No comments:

Post a Comment