Saturday, December 21, 2013

JiNgLe BeLLs, jInGlE bEllS, I've Got Some New Ideas!

                                                   
Hi guys! Guess what? MY COMPUTER IS BACK!! That means you guys get pictures!!!
                                                                  Here you go-
*sigh* Isn't my Garbear just the cutest thing?
(Garrett Hedlund everyone)
 
Okay, now back on topic. I'VE GOT ALL OF MY CHRISTMAS SHOPPING DONE! Unfortunately I can't tell you what any of the totally awesome, sneaky, fantastic things I got people are, because oddly enough some of my friends and family actually read this blog, and where would the surprise be in that?
NO WHERE.
 
I can tell you that one present is probably in some UPS truck right now, and two other presents are hanging up in my shower soaking wet and trying to dry off. Hehe...or should I say ho ho? I don't know.
Getting Christmas presents purchased is very stressful because everyone in my family has a tendency to put one or two things on their list and then give that list to like ten people and expect them to figure out who gets to buy the thing. So there's a lot of guess work.
(My Christmas list was rather long, {just so my family didn't feel lost of course} and even had links to where they could buy the stuff)
But I'm happy with all the stuff I managed to get a hold of this year, and I think they will be too.
We've got three Christmas shindigs to go to this year- typical of most years.
On my dad's side of the family we will have dinner with his dad and some family members at a café in town on Sunday after church. Then on Christmas day my dad's mom and some other family members are coming and we are cooking a ton of food (like homemade girlscout samoas ^_^) and exchanging presents.
And then this Sunday- AKA Tomorrow- we are going to my moms side of the family and also exchanging presents. So it should be fun.
Something we are really trying to emphasize this year is that Christmas isn't about all this crazy shopping, gifts, and dinners held in the four corners of the earth.
It's about this-
When God decided to step down from his crazy awesome place of power and majesty and get wrapped up in a limited, helpless baby and come die on the cross to save all of us from our nasty sins.
I think I might be bringing a guitar to our Christmas dinner and we're gonna play some hymns, or maybe read something. I'm not sure what we're going to do yet exactly, but we're just trying not to lose sight of what all the hulabaloo is really all about.
Last Wednesday the youth group went out and Christmas caroled and we gave away some homemade cookies me and my sister and mom had worked on that day. The people really enjoyed listening, and since it wasn't below freezing outside, it was a good evening had by all. Afterward my amazing youth group teacher had soups and brownies waiting for us at her house. After we'd eaten the choir practiced our Christmas songs for Sunday, and we went home. It was a simple time. But it was so much fun just getting to be with people we all cared about.
 
Aside from all the Christmas cheer and chaos, I've actually got some new story ideas.
DONT WORRY.
I AM NOT GOING TO START WRITING THEM UNTIL I HAVE FINISHED MY OTHERS.
NO SIR.
NOT ME.
ABSOLUTELY NOT.
I AM GOING TO STAY ON COURSE.
....
 
Do you want to hear about them anyway?
Of course you do!
 
#1. Masked.
This is just an idea for a story world so far. I have no plot and no characters. But I love masquerade masks and all that so I thought what if there was some kind of world where they didn't want to judge anyone. They valued themselves on their honesty when associating with others and taking people for who they are, not what they appear to be. So they all wear masks. It would be kind of fun because of course they would probably end up judging based on "Oh my gosh, did you see the mask she wore last night? With those blue feathers?? scandalous!"
 
#2. Guardians.
I want to write some kind of story with winged people. Not angels, cause I'm not comfortable with that. Seems like every story I've read about angels has downplayed the awesome reality God has made them and just turned them in to sarcastic magic users.
But I was thinking maybe another dimension (think Narnia) linked to ours, where these winged (guardians) people live. And maybe their world is experiencing a problem ours is already dealing with (not sure which one yet) and so they send a guardian to get someone from earth to tell them how we came up with a solution. I have some ideas for some characters in this idea already, and they sound so cool already. Maybe when I allow myself to actually write part of this I'll give you guys a character interview. Deal?
 
#3.Monsters
This is one I got from the song Monster by Imagine Dragons. I had to write a 250 word story piece for a facebook writing contest that was inspired by that song. And it sounds so creepy now. I love it. 0.O
Tell you what, I have the snippet I wrote for it. Next post I'll post it for you okay?
 
Merry Christmas everyone! Enjoy the fun!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment