Sunday, December 8, 2013

Its too cold for me to type!!

Hi guys!!
Can I apologize for disappearing on you? I promise I have a good reason. I was sucked into Narnia you see, and turns out I stayed there an awfully long time, and ended up marrying this really cute guy, and we had the cutest little kiddies, and so a few days passed here with no word from me. You do forgive me right? Thanks ;)

Anyway, I have no idea what to write about right now. There's been so much that has happened since I posted last, but I don't know which one I should make a blog post out of. And I'm sitting in the office away from our wonderful woodstove and my fingers are so cold and I want to hurry. So I'll just to a quick gab session alright?

We had a missionary come to our church on his way to Sudan with his family. That was an amazing story. I've toyed around with the idea of going on at least a short term missions trip, but I'm not sure if I will. I'll just have to wait and see what God does I suppose. But if I do I'll bring you back some awesome pictures ;) (My camera didn't work in Narnia, but I'm pretty sure it will in the Congo).

We've also been moving cows hither and yon. I've been riding my horse Flint still. And he hasn't bucked me off yet. **Stars for me** Just you wait, I'll publish this and my next post will have pictures of a hospital bed and broken bone x-rays because he planted me in the frozen dirt. I have that sort of luck.

I've been getting into the Christmas mood in several ways. My friend had to go and create a food board on Pinterest and my goodness, IT LOOKS SO GOOD. So I've decided I want to make homemade twix bars, carmelito girl scout cookies, egg nog truffles, and snickers bar cookies....My auto correct hates everything I just typed, but I really don't care. It tastes good. I want to make them and take them to Christmas dinner. I have warned all of my family members I will be cooking and to plan accordingly.
Me and my sisters are also picking out music to play at a nearby nursing home. I play guitar and my middle sister plays piano, and we all three sing, so it should be fun. Mom told us that we can go a little crazy and play the songs that don't really go over well in church....I'm sure the folks at the home are really going to appreciate the Thousand Foot Krutch and NEEDTOBREATHE. I'm also sure our not so rock-n-roller voices and my not so killer guitar skills (and the broken whammy bar on my electric guitar) will narrow down our choices so my mom doesn't regret her words too terribly.

Aside from that....Oh! I've started work on a new story. I really don't have a plot for it yet, but I do have several good characters and a basic idea. I'll post it over on the Stories page so you can see it, and hopefully I'll have some snippets to post later on. I've got over 8,000 words of snippets written already, hopefully I can find something worth posting.

Have a good evening everyone! I'll be on more regularly now.

No comments:

Post a Comment