Monday, December 30, 2013

Matched- Book Review

Hi guys. I don't have a big new years resolution, favorite thing about last year post ready. I was planning on it but I've spent the last two days in a hospital with my grandma, so I don't have it ready.
I did finish Matched by Ally Condie though, so I'll give you a quick review of it.
                                                                    

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

(from goodreads)

I'm going to give this book five stars actually > ***** (stars ^_^)
I really liked it. I know people like to bash the whole love triangle cliché, but this one was very well done, and I'm still kind of at a loss for who I want to win this one in the end. Both boys are very loveable. The books has a nice flair of mystery surrounding its characters, and I've always been a sucker for the mysterious love interest. Especially if he likes poetry. It's just a given.
Once I started reading this book I couldn't put it down. The story world was honestly probably my favorite part. I loved analyzing all the weird quirks of the Society and getting that weird dystopia feeling that comes when you realize *this could happen*. Golly it gives me goosebumps! This book was really good at leaving you in the dark and then at the right moment all the sudden you realize what's going on...AND IT TERRIFIES YOU.
I would definitely suggest this book to go on your must read list for next year if you haven't already (see, I managed to get some kind of new years squeezed in here after all)

I hope everyone enjoys their new year. I'll be spending tomorrow at the nursing home trying to sing around a cold. Wish me luck. Right now I've got a pretty good excuse to stay in the house, so I've got a stack of books (I got new books for Christmas! The captive maiden by my friend Melanie Dickerson, and Captives by my other friend Jill Williamson) and five tablets full of notes for new story ideas, along with a cup of hot apple cider.....Oh wait...I guess I drank it all while I was sitting here typing. Oh well. I'm ready to start work on some reading and writing time.
.....
Nope, still not done. GUESS WHAT?!?
Sierra from over at A Simple Taste for Reading  (http://simpletasteforreading.wordpress.com/) agreed to read my story Out of Darkness. She liked it and she has suggested I self publish it to Amazon Kindle. I'm strongly considering that, but right now I'm just so excited that she thinks it's good enough to be read by the human world. So, in the near future of this new year (I did it again) I may be dedicating a post to my baby being published. 

Over and out guys! (That's trucker lingo for I'm done talking- according to my daddy)  

No comments:

Post a Comment