Monday, February 2, 2015

Loss and other dismal things

Hello all!
Well, yesterday was dismal I'm afraid.
The winners to the Rooglewood Press contest were announced yesterday. Mine was not among the.
I'm not too upset though. It was fun to enter, and I like the story I have and plan to use it in the future. So not a loss, really.
And as for the Super Bowl...well...The Seahawks didn't win! Yay!! And both quarter backs got sacked. Yay!!
I did change my stance on who I was rooting for, and ended up hoping the Seahawks would win. I'm not at all tore up about it, but I do wish they had lost smart. The last play call was just...just...ugh. It was ridiculous.
We were supposed to have a potluck and a church service at the nursing home yesterday, and then go to Pastor's house for the game, but we had a mini blizzard (not the kind you get at Dairy Queen) and church got cancelled, and the game party. That means I have a pan of nutella brownies, and homemade snicker bars laying in my kitchen. Which is very dismal indeed when you consider that I'm trying to eat healthy at home. It's not at all dismal when you consider that they are both so good it's painful.
If that wasn't dismal enough, Katie Perry was dismal. I sat on Pinterest all through the halftime show.
How was your weekend? Hopefully not as dismal as mine. Did you watch the game? Did you consume ungodly amounts of caramel and chocolate? Do tell.

4 comments:

  1. It's torture. We don't have a TV any more, so I can't watch the game. And I was already mad with the Seahawks for beating the Broncos last year, and then they had to go and loose to the stinking Patriots. FYI, I'm not very happy with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no!! Yes!! I wanted the Bronco's to win! Uck! I hated that the Patriots won.

      Delete
  2. I really don't understand American football xD

    But I'm sorry to hear your story didn't get picked :/ I'm glad it sounds like you are going to keep going though :)

    I spent most of the weekend in bed reading and eating salad, resisting the temptation to make and eat a pan of brownies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't explain it XP

      Aw, that's okay. Yes!

      Oooh, you were stronger than me haha

      Delete