Wednesday, June 25, 2014

It's A Jungle Out There

Hi guys! Do you want to know why I didn't post yesterday, or even show up on any form of internet site at all??
I went to the zoo!!!
You know its crazy, my sisters and I were discussing how lots of kids books focus on the characters first trip to the zoo. Like, first grade trip. Not college freshman first trip. But I completely enjoyed myself and I was able to act like a total first grader, minus the whiney "Are we there yet?? My legs hurt. Buy me ice cream!!" side that I heard from all the regular age first timers around me.
I took lots of pictures, mostly with my ipod the far away shots didn't turn out very great. Luckily, Minion 1 is excellent at photography and she brought four camera's between all of us, so I've got plenty of pictures to show you guys. They're in no particular order mind you. My computer loads them up funny and I'm too lazy to put them together in groups XP They're cool in a jumbled mess too!
Speaking of which-
His eye glowed from the inside. He was creepy cool.    Some of them are so photogenic!

Hey guys....
 


Hakuna Mattata
 

This turtle was the same size as the sharks it was swimming with

He grabbed the bag and threw it on his shoulders. Like, dig my cape.

           Octopus/squid thing                                              I loved all the different jelly fish.

                                                            Photo courtesy of Minion 1.
                                                                 Speaking of minions...
 
                         
                                              You cannot tell me this fish doesn't look like Gru

   
They had a swamp room that was totally hillbilly themed.

This guy was mad. And like five feet long.

                                                   Penguins!! It was snowing in their room!
                   The fish and the monkeys race to get the bread. The fish wins, by the way.

All I could think of was Prince of Persia.
 
                                                    He obviously wanted his picture taken.
 


You can't really see it, but those fish were literally as tall as my dad. So like nearly 6 feet long.


Go ahead. Try and deny the resemblance.

 



 


 


Jelly?!?!? Sweeeet.
 

Does this butterfly not look steampunked? I will put it in my Beauty and the Beast retelling!
 
All teasing aside, it was awesome to be able to go with my family to the zoo and see all of God's fantastic creations. I loved all of them so much...well, except maybe the bats, and the giant furry spiders, and things with names like Screaming Hairy Armadillo. But seriously, God has made such fantastic stuff, and I just saw a piece of that at the zoo. While I loved them all, I think the aquarium was my favorite. What blew my mind was that the fish were so colorful. I mean, they were so bright and shiny, like I haven't even seen colors like that in the world above water. Flowers are pretty, and humans can make some pretty bright shades, but the fish were just out of this world. And you know what? They live underwater. Where most of them wont ever be seen by people Most of them live down deep enough that there isn't even any light to see by. Yet they are so gorgeous. It just shows how caring God really is, that he made even fish that weren't ever going to be seen so stunningly beautiful. It's just amazing to me.
 
Another moral to the story- forget history coming to life at the museum, all of your favorite kid movies come to life at the zoo.

 

4 comments:

  1. Wow you got to see some really cool animals. Yes, that fish looks like Gru, XD.
    Nice pictures by the way, I have a horrible time getting pictures of animals. Especially when their in some form of cage. The ostrich racing made me laugh. I love Prince of Persia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Doesn't it though, lol
      Thanks! Yeah I have lots of pictures that focused on the wire instead of the animal.
      Prince destan is amazing lol. Too bad his arms are fake haha

      Delete
  2. I love the zoo! It sounds like you had a lot of fun. :) That pig fish was weird...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Yes it was great. He was. I've never seen one like that before.

      Delete