Monday, June 30, 2014

Camp and Hollywood

Hi guys!
Guess what??
My mom was on TV today!!
 
Here's the deal. Our town is turning 120 this year, so they are having a super big party for it and doing all kinds of crazy stuff like a tractor parade, and steeplechase, and trail rides, and turtle races, and on and on and ooooon. They're also having a quilt show. And my mom is a quilter. (I should really do a post about how awfully crazy it is having a quilter for a mom). She likes to make quilts and she's made several for my minions and I, and baby quilts for friends etc. So the town asked her to make a quilt for them to auction off. And she made it. Has tons of pictures on it from businesses in town all the way back to the 1800's. (There was a crazy amount of research involved) They also asked her to go on our local news and help advertise the quilt and the party. So she did. And me and the minions got to go with her. We got our weather man to wave at us, which was cool. One of the ladies who hosts the morning show also used to be an anchor for my favorite radio station, so it was cool to put a face to the voice.

We're all certain it's only a matter of time until the Hollywood talent scouts come banging on our door demanding to talk to mom and any other attractive, talented people living in the house. (Which is all of them, I'm just saying ;))

I've also joined Camp Nanowrimo, thanks to Andrea. Basically it's a website where you can talk to other writers, track your word count, and other writerly things, all while trying to finish the first draft of a brand new novel in the month of July. I've decided to work on The Dynamic Duo, since it's pretty much the only story idea that is developed enough to even attempt work on, yet hasn't actually been started in any way.

I may be posting sporadic this week because the county fair is coming up fast and I have horses that aren't even close to being ready yet, so I'll be busy practicing on that.

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Your mom's a quilter? Wow, that must be some quilt. I made a quilt once, it took forever... Do you think you could show us a picture of the quilt sometime?

    Yay for Camp! I'm so excited that it's finally started, and I'm glad you could join in on all the fun! ;)

    Good luck with your horses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I don't know how she does it. I can't make a sewing machine work to save my life. Yeah, I'll see if she has a picture of it.

      yeah! I haven't been on the site at all today XP

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. My mom's a quilter too. And all of my sisters, which is three. But I've only made one quilt, several years ago, and I still haven't finished it. ;P

    That's really cool that your mom was on TV. My grandmother and dad and uncle have all been on TV. My grandma was in the movie Rocky and Bullwinkle. :)

    Are you doing cabins for camp? If so maybe when I sign up, I can request going to yours. If you want to of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! my sisters all sew and I'm like...I've made a baby quilt...and a few tops. I don't do much in the way of fabric and scissors.

      Oh that's awesome!! I've been on tv once when I was little. The news did a story on our Bible club.

      Yeah I'm in a cabin right now but no one has even said anything to each other yet, so I can opt out of it and we could be in the same one :)

      Delete
    2. Awesome. I'll make a cabin and invite you. :) What do you go by there?

      Delete