Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Rivers In The Wasteland- CD Review


Hi guys! It's time for a little music talk. I haven't purchased this album yet, but I listened to it on Spotify and some of the songs are making it on to my local music station, so I wanted to do a review on it because NeedtoBreathe is my #2 favorite band (preceded only by the wonderful Trevor McNevan and the guys from Thousand Foot Krutch).

Rivers In The Wasteland is the fifth album from NTB. It's the first one they've done without long time drummer Joe Stillwell. That makes me sad. Joe is a great drummer. Maybe its just me, but I can hear the difference.

The tracks are:

1."Wasteland"  
2."State I'm In"  
3."Feet, Don't Fail Me Now"  
4."Oh, Carolina"  
5."Difference Maker"  
6."Rise Again"  
7."The Heart"  
8."Where the Money Is"  
9."Multiplied"  
10."Brother"  
11."More Heart, Less Attack"

Some of my favorites are Multiplied, More Heart, less Attack, Wasteland, and Oh, Carolina.
 
Typical of the Rinehart brothers song writing style, there are a lot of really beautiful lyrics with huge meaning, and even more lyrics that really don't make any sense but sound gorgeous anyway. I love when I listen to NTB music and it sounds like there is a really deep meaning behind the song, but I'm not quite sure what it is. (sometimes I wonder if they even know what it is) It gives the music kind of a mysterious vibe that I like. I also love the kind of romance they have with the world from an outlaw/renegade/outsider point of view.
 
This is definitely a great album to listen to, just like all the others before it. I'm sure I'll be singing it a lot once I figure out what some of the lyrics are (cause really, who can listen to a song once, by a boy from down south and know exactly what he's saying?).
 
Check it out :)
 
 
Just as a little BTW moment, for the past three days there has been a cricket hiding in my office, and every time I went to type on Blaze, it would start chirping like mad  and wouldn't stop and I couldn't find the little bugger and it was driving me insane. As of two minutes ago, I found him (scampered across the floor and scared the heck out of me) and he is no longer in the office driving me batty.
 


8 comments:

  1. Hey Maddie. I know this isn't really related to your post, but I was wondering if you were planning on doing Camp NaNoWriMo this July. I am, and if you are then we could be in a cabin together, which would be a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NaNoWriMo is like a mysterious beast of legend to me. I've heard of it, but I've never really got close enough to learn what it really is. I didn't even know they had one in July.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, they have one in April and on in July they call Camp NaNoWriMo. It's just like NaNoWriMo in November but you get to choose your own word count goal. In November you have to write 50,000 words. You should try it out sometime, whether it's in July or in November, it's a lot of fun! :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, I think I'd be willing to do it with you. I have some ideas I'd like to mess with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Unfortunately I'm already in a full cabin, so we can't be in the same one. You can still do it if you would like though, you get to know a lot of like minded writers and make friends who love writing as much as you do. Here's a link to the NaNoWriMo Website: http://nanowrimo.org/ And here's one to the Camp Website: http://campnanowrimo.org/ If you have any questions about either site feel free to ask me. :)

      Delete
  3. I love NeedtoBreathe, I didn't know they had a new album coming out so thanks for the heads up. Now I'm of to YouTube to stream it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I didn't know either except I follow them on facebook and they've been talking about it. Have fun!

      Delete