Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Novel Idea- Round 2

Hi guys! I was actually supposed to post this on Saturday, but life happened, so I'll just post it this morning as a nice little Sunday morning surprise.

I'll still be using Mark, from The Dynamic Duo (which reached over 17,000 words last night
*squee!*).

Here are this weeks questions and answers.


 
1. Where were they born? In a hospital, in their home, what city?
Mark was born in the hospital (St. Francis to be exact) in Grand Island, Nebraska. He had a very typical birth place.

2. Where do they live now?
He lives with Anthony in a one story, brick house, near the edge of Grand Island.

3. Who are the people they are closest to? Family, friends?
He is closest to his brother Anthony, but Leslie is a very close second. Outside of that there's not really anyone he would say he is close to. He has some friends (better termed acquaintances) at school, but none of them get to be personal with him.  

4. Where do they go when they’re angry and need to get away?
Oh...This one is tough. Mark is really hard to get angry. Usually if he does it's at Anthony, so it blows over fairly quickly, but when he does need to get some space from everything he hangs out in his room, or (if he really needs to make sure no one follows him) he takes a shower.

There you go! That's it. I'm so excited that I'm so close to my word count goal for this story. I was able to cross off six scenes from my list yesterday. I was looking it over this morning and there's still a lot that absolutely needs to happen, so I'm pretty sure that it will go way past 20,000 words, but working on it exclusively this month has been so much better than my usual writing style, so I'll probably just keep up this kind of schedule until it's totally done. I'm only writing the main scenes, so I'll have to go back through and put in more filler scenes during the next drafts, but as a first draft, I'm pretty pleased with it.  Have a great Sunday!

9 comments:

  1. Awesome! That must feel amazing to have so much done already! I haven't really gotten much writing done this month... Oh well, I guess life happens sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty great yes. Usually I take at least a year to finish a story- usually a lot longer. Ah well. Life has a way of doing that. At least you got some.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray!! *celebrates with you*

    Ooh, more about Mark! For some reason, "or (if he really needs to make sure no one follows him) he takes a shower" made me laugh.

    the writeress @ barefoot in the snow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha jessy I'm glad it did. That was the impression I was going for. I don't know many people who will follow someone into the shower xp

      Delete
  4. Mark seems like a pretty cool guy! I'm glad I was able to meet him!

    Westmoure from Revelations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark seems great! I'm glad that you wrote about him! Thanks for linking up, and I hope to read more about him - and your writing and other characters - in the future!
    ~Ashley @AshleyAspires

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for doing the linkup! It's very fun. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete