Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Vacation Bible School and Other Happenings

Well, VBS came and went and I never did really tell you guys about it, so I guess I will now.

We had a really great time, and it was wonderful how people from church stepped in to help us when we were a little short of hand when Pastor and his wife had to leave to be with their family.
We had roughly 18 kids every day, which is a good turnout for our little town. The theme was Ridin' Strong With Jesus - cowboys - so we just packed up all my dad and us girl's tack. We took saddles, cowboy hats, spurs, boots. Everything. Half of the house decorations disappeared and went to the church for that week.
(I'll admit, I was tempted to make things a little more authentic for the lesson videos. I mean, since when did cow boss' take old ladies and little kids on cattle drives??)

As I mentioned, I was in charge of games, so we had a water gun fight, an obstacle course (mom said I took pretty much every piece of junk on the farm and hauled it in to the church yard), a roundup of Minion 1's numerous farm animal toys, some games involving blindfolds, boys who peek, and some unfortunate mishaps involving blind children and trees.... Everyone was a good sport though and no one was actually injured. The Lord really blessed us for the week.

Do you have any idea how cute- and utterly exhausting- it is to think you're going to have a 'horse' race, but instead end up being chased around my a hoard of 2-4 year olds armed with pool noodles? Because I sure do.

On the last day of VBS we announced that we would be doing a sort of continuation. We invited all the school age kids to join us one day every week until school starts to come and learn a class about creation science, all the animals God created, dinosaurs, and really cool things like that.

Last week was our first attempt at that, and it went amazing. There were thirteen kids, so almost all of the school aged kids from VBS came, and then several others, not to mention several families couldn't make it the first week, but will be attending the other classes.

The kids really like hearing about all the brilliant things God designed and that creation really does fit with science. We have video's from Alpha Omega Institute, and Minion 1 and I actually attended classes put on by the dude in the video when we were little. It is geared for young minds who don't understand giant science world jargon, but the truth is still very evident for them. I love them, and so do most adults who watch them too.
(These are the people in the video- I've met them)


So that's what I was doing on all those days when you were certain I fell off the face of the earth.
(Or maybe I was on a top secret mission into the heart of some foreign country and I'm only using VBS as an excuse. You never know)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment