Thursday, July 10, 2014

I Always Did Love Cinderella

 
 
*spoken very tentatively*
I'm back. For now.
Never know what could happen to call me away from my computer at any moment.
 
This week I've felt an awful lot like Cinderella. Anyone out there remember the first movie- the good one- where Jacques and the other mice were singing?

"She turns around in circles till she's very very dizzy, still they holler "keep a busy Cinderelly"
Only it would be Keep a busy Maddie.
And boy I have.
 
NOTE: I LOVE Jacques

It's been great though. Tomorrow will be the last day of Vacation Bible School, and I'm working on uploading four camera's worth of pictures right now to fit into a slide show.
I've kind of been designated the movie maker for the last couple of years, which is fine by me. I love making video's for vbs, and fandoms, and stuff like that. I'm still trying to decide which music I want to use. 
Throughout the week I led the games, and also helped lead music and run the computer and projector for the lesson video and song lyrics.
The theme this year was Riding Strong With Jesus, and let me tell you, we have some darn cute little 2-6 year old cowboys running around out there.

Can I just take a moment to brag please? When I was like 9 or 10 I went to a VBS where we sang Days of Elijah. And everyone loved that song and I still loved that song. So when my family took over doing VBS for our church I always suggested we sing that song. And my mom always fought me because the verses were too long, and it was confusing, and yada yada. So this year I just put the song on the soundtrack, typed up they lyrics and Minion 1 started it up on day 1. And the kids loved it. We get requests to sing it every single day. So, haha mom. Haha.

It rained last night so I won't be going to horse practice tonight since the arena is absolute soup, so I'll hopefully get some writing done on The Dynamic Duo. I've got somewhere around 7,000 words written in it. I had to bump my goal word count down to 30,000 because I don't think I have enough scenes planned out to write my original 40,000. Either way, I will definitely be happy to have a rough draft done in one month. I think I'll just keep going in August and use the same type of schedule to write my Beauty and the beast retelling (which really does need a name). The Duo is going great. I think when I'm finished with video's and baking cupcakes for the 'chuck wagon' parent dinner tomorrow I will post some snippets for you guys to see.
I've also decided there needs to be a new character.

This little guy.
His name is Shane.
 
That's all I've got for you guys right now. Catcha later.

No comments:

Post a Comment