Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Dodging Spoilers

Hi guys! Besides Nano, and an insane amount of fence and cow work, do you know what I've been doing?
Trying to avoid spoilers for The Heir book.
 
Seems like every time I get on Pinterest, blogger, or anywhere there is some kind of post screaming *SPIOLER!SPOILER!* all over. And I appreciate the heads up of course, but I'm a bit of a rebellious little sneak, and whenever I see the Major Spoiler, Don't Read tag, it really makes me want to read it.
 
Thus far though, I have been able to guard my blueish greenish, cant decide what color they really are, eyes.
 
Mostly because I have absolutely no desire to find out that America married Maxon.
Minion 1 assures me that I will be happy with the end of The One. That it was very well done, and there is no possible way I could be upset with it.
 
But she's wrong.
 
I could very easily be upset if America were to go with Maxon in the end. And since he's one of two options for her right now, that means there is a 50% chance I will be crushed and throw the book at the wall.
 
What about you? When you see a spoiler tag are you more likely to skim what comes after it, or close the tab screaming and run away to wash your eyes?
 
I must admit fandoms have been ruined more than once for me because of Pinterest.
The Divergent series, the Maze Runner series, even the Mortal Instruments series (and I'm not even in that fandom).
 
I see a spoiler post and I just want to skim the words and make sure that my favorite character's name doesn't appear next to the words 'death' 'died' 'killed' or any similar phrase.
I want to be sure they survived.
Which of course lets me find out who married who, who is related, who's not, who's not really evil, etc, etc.
 
I should just learn to accept the fact that all of my favorite characters die, so there is no need to worry over them.
Once a millennia when one actually survives, it can come as a pleasant surprise then.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. YES! I hate the internet, yet I love it at the same time. People ruined the Divergent series for me, because they told me that it had a really sad ending. Obviously, I figured out what happened.
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete