Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Clockwork Angel- Book Review

Most people have probably read it already (I've read it twice in the last year) but I wanted to do a review on Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare.


This ones a little tricky for me because unlike most of the other books I've reviewed, I do have some issues with it. So it's only getting three and a half stars. 
                                                                          *** 1/2

Oddly enough this is one of my favorite books. I love the characters, especially Will. Tessa is definitely a strong female character, but she didn't annoy me like so many of them do. There is some language, so if thats a problem you might want to steer clear of this one. There is a love triangle, but I thought it was handled nicely. Most love triangles I read I can pick who I want to win within a couple chapters (and he usually is the one who gets left out). With this love triangle though, I was never quite sure who I wanted her to end up with, and I enjoyed that.

 I didn't like however some of the more graphic descriptions of the romance. Just kissing yes, but a certain gentleman's hands tend to wander a bit more than they should. I also didn't care for Magnus Bane. I know he's a big deal, especially among the Mortal Instruments fans, but his constant innuendos grated at my nerves and I thought they were unnecessary.
As far as the plot goes, I love it. There's lots of twists and turns that I didn't catch the first time I read it, and now that I've read it the second time I can see that Cassie planted clues in quite nicely. It's exciting and fast moving and she knows when to close a chapter and scene at just the right time. 
The descriptions are very beautiful in the story I think. I like them a lot and they just seem to give a little special something.

Since I'm a Christian the idea of fallen angels and demons gave me a little pause, but since I know it's make believe in this instance, and the fact that I haven't noticed anything that blatantly contradicts the real God, I was willing to go ahead and read it. 
As far as plot, and characters, and basic story go, I loved this book. It was only the few morally deficient (or Will Herondale like) things in it that made me give it a low rating. If you know where you stand with issues like that then I would say grab a copy of it, because it's a fun read.
                                                 (Cause it's coming people) 

No comments:

Post a Comment