Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Princess Isabella- Character meet and greet

This is a character session with Princess Isabella (AKA- Bella) from my fairy tale mix-up story I'm working on for my sisters. I think I've mentioned it on here briefly before, but basically it has all the fairy tales and nursery rhymes I could think of all mashed into one story, but with a totally new twist.
Bella is the main character, so here's the questions I got for her.

HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Bella: Oh, you should know you're not supposed to ask a lady that. Oh well. I'm 86. Now stop right there! Don't you dare freak out on me. Most of the stories I tell people take place when I was about 19.

WHO DO YOU LIVE WITH?

Bella: Well I can't tell you who I live with now. That would ruin the story. Can I get a spoiler alert here? During the stories, I live with my two brothers Jack and Charles. Jack did take off on some grand adventure though, so he doesn't grace the castle with his presence very often. Charles is more of a home body- or a child. But his fiancé Elise is making things much better. Then there's my sisters, Analee and Blanca. Blanca has a caller named Hunter who comes about, but he doesn't live with us.

HOW DO YOU THINK OTHERS DESCRIBE YOU?

Bella: I'd rather not think about it haha. Oh they probably say she's a bossy thing, with a odd sense of humor. She's much too serious for most occasions, and she spoils all the fun but somehow manages to have lots of it herself.

DO YOU LIKE ANYONE?

Bella: At the beginning of the story, no. I can't be telling you anything else, because then it will ruin the story. I do have grandchildren though, so obviously I like someone.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF FAIRY TALES?

Bella: *snorts* Good gracious I can't stand them. They are ridiculous the way Jack tells them to me. None of them happened the way those silly stories say. I guess that's why I have to tell them myself.

WHAT DRIVES YOU CRAZY?

Bella: Aside from fairy tales? My brothers. Goodness gracious, those boys will be the death of me. Always on about some childish prank, or borderline insane whim. Jack running off made things remarkably quieter around the house, but the insane reports he sends back now and again are enough to take ten years off my life (which I cannot spare at all).

OKAY, HOW DO YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF?

Bella: Ah, here you go. Much better. I'm the Princess of the kingdom, in place of my father, since my brothers didn't want the position as ruler. And...well lets be honest. I am bossy with an odd sense of humor. I am rather serious about life and  I try to keep my siblings away from danger, even though they see it as fun, and somehow I do get more than my fair share.

WHAT IS A HOBBY YOU HAVE?

Bella: I'm generally too busy for hobbies, but I do enjoy listening to Analee read. It's very relaxing. And telling my grandchildren stories about the little children who were to be eaten is also a fun pass time for me.

WHAT IS A FOOD YOU HATE?

Bella: Blackbird pie! I cannot stand it. The taste or the smell. Terrible stuff. And such a waste of time. Trying to nab twenty four black birds just to stuff them all in a pie.
WHAT IS THE LAST PROBLEM THAT YOU HAD TO SOLVE?

Bella: That's a tricky question to answer, as there have been so many problems today. My red rider came and reported a wolf had eaten an old woman. And then of course, there were those children nearly being eaten that I mentioned earlier. Charles forgot to ask the name of the girl he fancied at the ball so now everyone is out scouring the countryside looking for the mystery girl. And horror of horrors, Blanca went out hunting and she's gone missing entirely.

I like Isabella myself. I haven't had time to develop her and the other characters like I should, but her basic personality comes pretty easy to me because she's pretty much the Beauty and the Beast version of me. I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit about her.
 
 


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment