Friday, February 28, 2014

A Decision

I have news guys. Terrible news. I'm going to quit watching Revolution.
And I'm very sad.
But, I really think it is the right thing to do, due to the careless and demeaning way the show has taken to referring to God.
I know I shouldn't be surprised. Hollywood is famous for this type of thing. But for some reason I thought making it halfway through the second season, and not having much to worry about on that front, I thought maybe I could make it through. Guess not.
 
What annoys me to no end is that the character who is slighting God's name in the show, saying how their computer technology is better, and how they don't need God anymore, isn't even all that relevant to the story. I'd be totally happy to have a show all about Miles and Sebastian.
No Aaron Pitman and weird phony excuse for a pastor necessary.
The fact that the movie people had to drag in such blatant shots at God makes me sick.
It makes me mad that everywhere I turn, these attitudes of God not being important or existent are creeping in. I find a good book series I like, and make it all the way to the second book, and find out there is a blatant sin in it that goes against my beliefs.
Now I could just keep it under my hat, and keep reading. Not tell my family what content I'm pumping into my head, and just ignore it.
But my family isn't who I'm living for.
I'm living for God. And I know that he has the best in store for me, and that's why he tells me to guard my mind against these types of things. Not only is it 'just' dishonoring to him, it will also get stuck in my head. I'll think about it. It will effect me.
It will make me okay with sin. Think it's not that big of a deal as long as I don't actually do it.
Sometimes I just want to grab movie and TV show writers, and book authors.   
I want to tell them just what I think of them and their glaring attacks on my beliefs. I want to tell them what a good thing they had going. That things were great and they need to leave it at that. No additional slop necessary. Just stick to the story and I'll be one happy fan. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.
But I can't do that. I can't shake them and give them a crazed militia leader look.
I can't even go with the just slightly less crazy best friend look.
 

 

So, I'll just hang out here in my own, wonderful little world and- even though it hurts- work hard to keep my mind safe from things I know God doesn't want me pumping in to it.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment