Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Different Kind of Creative

I am sooo excited right now. In case any of you didn't know, I am a huge fan of Icon for Hire,


AND more specifically, of Ariel Bloomer and her crazy awesome wardrobe. (she makes all her stuff by hand! How cool is that??)


The last few months, Ariel has hosted several sewing contests where fans could sew something awesome, and if she chose them as a winner, she would make them an outfit and all kinds of awesome stuff like that. Now, while my mother is an avid sewer and quilter, I can't sew to save my life. Sewing machines hate me. I'm not too thrilled with them either.
So I haven't entered or won any of the contests.
But (I love that word) Ariel just opened up a new contest that is sketches of our designs. Meaning I don't actually have to sew anything! I can just draw it!

So I've been busy sketching away since last night. This is what I've come up with so far, but Ariel is so awesome that she said we could submit more than one entry. She rocks.

I love fashion design. My sketchbook is full of all kinds of designs for the clothing line I'm going to have when I become a famous rapper. I've got jewelry, single pieces, full wardrobes, hairstyles, I mean I drew it all. Most of it looks awful. But I know what it's supposed to look like in my head. I'll just have to be very descriptive to the person I hire to actually sew the stuff. (Cause I sure as heck ain't  doing any of the sewing) I've got a whole Pinterest board that's devoted to fashion design. (though, I keep it secret, because then the whole world would know for certain that I am completely insane and would probably suspect me of being pretty creepy as well. And I just can't have that)
I love coming up with new ideas. I have a whole box of fabric in my bedroom just waiting to be used. If only I could convince my mom to sew the stuff for me, then my life would be complete.



I have three student's on their way for guitar lessons, so I better scoot, but if you wanted to check out the video for the contest, you can find it here. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment