Friday, May 2, 2014

God's NOT Dead



I went to see the God's Not Dead movie last night with my family.
And I expected it to be good. I really did. I mean, I like Christian movies.
But this was so much beyond a good Christian movie.
This was probably the most inspiring, thought provoking movie I've seen in a long time, if not forever.

If you haven't seen it, you need to get to the nearest movie theater as soon as possible, because it is definitely worth it.
I saw the very last showing of it in my area, so I cannot wait until the DVD comes out, because I'm going to buy it as soon as humanly possible.

It wasn't just a Christian movie. It was so much more. We all know that some Christian movies can try so hard to get the message out that they come out sounding cliché. This movie didn't do that. And I loved it. (Minion 2 also pointed out at least 800 times that Josh, the main character, is actually Spencer from Good Luck Charlie. Apparently that's a huge bonus. I was too busy loving Newsboys' drummer, Duncan Phillips)

At the end of the movie, the viewer is given a dare to  text everyone in their contacts list three words.

GOD'S NOT DEAD

And I thought that was really cool. That could be a conversation starter with someone who's never heard about Jesus. That could be a pick me up for a believer who is feeling down. I don't have a cell phone, so I don't actually have contacts (whole world goes "Whaa?? No cell phone??" No cell phone), but I still wanted to put this message out there. Maybe it would do some good. So I went to facebook. I have 171 friends on Facebook. And to be honest, it was terrifying to send that message to lots of them. I mean, sure, I can get over sending it to my family members, and my friends from Bible camp. Talk about easy. But the people I'm friends with but don't actually know that well? Those people who are my facebook friend because they work with my parents.? The cute guy who you don't actually talk to but miraculously became friends with on social media? Those people were scary. But I did it. And you know, so far the ceiling hasn't caved in on me, and life is going good. Stuff like this can be scary, but it's not the end of the world. If you want to see the movie trailer (It's an awesome trailer, FYI. It's almost as exciting as the full length flick) you can find it here.

God is not dead.
Even if our society has put him on the back burner,
God is not dead.
He's alive, and at work among us, and he's never going to leave us.
Because he lives, we can live for him.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment