Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I'm Busy, Busy, Shockingly Busy.

Does no one appreciate my reference to the Veggie Tales version of the good Samaritan? No one? Okay.

I did have plans to do a full blown post today, complete with pictures and the works, but life struck and I'm having no such luck.
It's a good sort of busy mostly though. I've completed two of my college courses for the semester, so I'm feeling pretty relieved about that. Now I just have to work on the last one. The one I hate. Office Procedures and Technology -_-
Who the heck wants to answer the question "How often should you take rest breaks (at minimum) when working at a computer?"
                                                                        What??
                               I'm a fangirl/writer/blogger. I don't do 'breaks' at a computer.

It's freakishly windy today, so feeding took a little longer than usual because, well, because all the feed was blowing away to Kansas instead of into the feeders. And we had to make a cow adopt a calf, so that took some time, and all those little odds and ends that come along with living on a farm.

But you know what's taken my full attention today? Two words:

                                                                     Writing Contest

It's an awesome one going on over at GoTeenWriters.
http://goteenwriters.blogspot.com/2014/03/go-teen-writers-1000-word-writing.html

Jill and Stephanie are being awesome enough to be first round judges, and then they got some really cool authors and -get this- a LITERARY AGENT to do the second and final rounds. Only two hundred entries are allowed this time, and so I'm working hard to get mine ready for Thursday when it opens up. The catch? The contest is for the first 1000 words of your story. You know why that's making me freaky busy? Go take a look at the My Stories page.
                                     I HAVE LOTS OF STORIES TO CHOOSE FROM.
                                                                  8 to be exact.
                                                 I've managed to narrow it down to 7.
                                                                       *yay*

                                                              The choices are:
                                                                      Blaze
                                                                    Purpose
                                                               Raising Rebels
                                                             Beautiful Things
                                                               The Dystopia
                                                                 Jake's Story
                                                              Out of Darkness.

Writing beginnings aren't exactly my strong point, so it's taking quite a bit of editing to get them looking decent. I'm still not totally decided on which one I'm going to use, but I've enlisted my mom and Minion 1 to help me choose. As soon as I get them printed out nicely they will read them.
                                                                     *scary*
Minion 1 is a great beta reader, but mom doesn't usually read much of my stuff, so her reactions are still nerve wracking for me.

Aside from all that crazy stuff, I'm running on weird hours of sleep. Who the heck said Benjamin Franklin was smart for inventing daylight savings time??
                                                                   NOT ME!
                                                   I never said any such nonsense.
I hate daylight savings time. Especially this business about springing forward, and all that gibberish.
It does no good. There's still the same amount of hours in the day. Sure, people with their big city jobs probably like getting home with an 'extra' hour of daylight, but for little ol' me out here in the sticks- It does nothing. Nothing but robs me of sleep and throws off my internal clock and gets me in fights with my mom about whether or not anything has actually changed in the whole scheme of life                                                (because it hasn't people. It hasn't).

So, I'm off and away to keep working on my document of story beginnings, and tell myself that it's 12:46. Not 1:46.

No comments:

Post a Comment