Tuesday, March 4, 2014

On Teachers and Desperation For a Topic

Hi guys!
Since I'm having a lack of creativity here, I'm posting about school. Necessary or no, it's very nasty stuff. A complete dream killer. You don't know frustration until you're stuck doing algebra problems and a story idea comes to you that you just can't wait to write down. And then your mom walks in the room. 
Yeah. I'm homeschooled. 
Which means I can go super fast and be writing away most of the day while the rest of the world is still in class. It's awesome. 
And for those of you wondering- no, I don't get extra homework. It's all homework. 
(And I don't leave my bedroom in pajamas let alone do school in them) 
But anyway, homeschooling was great. My teacher was a little grouchy, but I can't complain too much right? She makes good suppers. 
Now I'm in college and things aren't much different. I'm messing around at a community college until I figure out what I want to do, and the classes are all online, so life's sweet. 
Now THOSE teachers...wow. It's interesting working with them. I went a whole semester emailing my teacher like "hey jan" before I remembered "I think it's supposed to be mrs. Something or other".....
Hey jan. 
then there's the teachers who are all strict about "get this thing due on time or you will burn." And I'm like "hey great. I like to know what's next on my list." But please. For the love of all sanity, GRADE MY PAPERS ON TIME.  It makes my life so much easier thanks. 
Of all my classes, I only really like two. And that's only on certain days.english composition was great. My teacher liked me (I'm totally reading in between the lines here... But who wouldn't like me?) and I got good grades. And as much as I hate doing research papers, it was fun to write. 
Business math. Eh. I did good at it. I've always been lamentably good at math. It stinks, cause then math is always the obvious choice for a class to take, and I hate it. With a bloody passion. I have to listen to Skillet while I do it just to remain calm. 
I'm also doing proofreading and editing, which I like but am not as good at. Helps my writing though. 
As for pc basics and office management. Please. Kill me. I can't stand them. I think I know how to turn on my computer and smile at a customer. 
But it'll come in handy someday right? Right?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment