Monday, March 31, 2014

Self Titled

Do you guys want to know why my blog is called the wonderful world of my life? 
Cause quite frankly, I'm bored. 
If you don't want to hear my bored ramblings, go ahead and close the tab. I'll wait.
.........
Okay. Now for those of you still with me, the name came from complete sarcasm.
Shocking isn't it? That I would ever be sarcastic? 
...you don't seem shocked.
Oh well.
I actually use the title all the time. 
Observe.

Mom: oh my gosh I have a headache
Me: welcome to the wonderful world of my life.

Minion 1: I don't want to go out to work.
Me: welcome to the wonderful world of my life.

Minion 2: I'm tired.
Me: wonderful world!! Welcome to it! 

This happens several times a month if not weekly. It's my little way of saying "suck it up, unless you're gonna let me whine too"

So why the heck did I name my blog that? Is it some sick joke? Laziness more like. Didn't want to think up anything else. But it was also recycling, and I'm told that's a good thing to do.

See I'm part of a website called sisterhood (checkout out , it's cool- like Facebook for only teen  Christian girls) and we get to make our own personal blogs on there. I have a bunch of writing ones there for my poetry, and chunks of story, but I also wanted a blog just about my life. It was my testing grounds to see if anyone would like my stuff and whether I should bother making a real blog. 
And I wanted a name that would encompass every area of my life. Cowgirl, wanna be rocker, fan girl, reader, writer, musician, psychotic maniac. All of it. 
And my sarcasm slapped me upside the head and said 
"Hey stupid! I'm right here in all my blazing glory. Use me!"
So that's what I named my mini blog. The wonderful world of my life. 
When I got this blog the same principle applied. I wanted a name that covered all the bases. 
So that's the name I chose. 
And let's face it, I really do think my life is wonderful and wouldn't trade it for anything. 
But, it's also kind of fun to know that even in the little things that people don't even think matter 
I AM  the MASTER of sarcasm. 

2 comments:

  1. Pfft as if the Master, I could take you... well actually my friend could. I missed the class on sarcasm. I can't seem to use sarcasm myself, but I always get it when other people do. I think your title's great, I wanted to title my blog something like 'Cheaper by the Dozen' because that would explain my crazy family and why I never get anything done, but it was taken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't question my sarcasmic superiority!! Lol my poor friends look at me like I'm serious half the time. And online sarcasm usually gets me in trouble...
      Thanks :) Oh, that would have been a good name though.

      Delete