Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Fool Me Once

All's fair in love and war...and on April fools day. Ah yes, it's here people (I do realize I've very nearly missed it for all intensive purposes, but I was busy all day fooling around so that's what I'm gonna tell you about).

I love this day. It's the day where everyone's suddenly in a relationship and all my favorite bands are breaking up and changing their names. 

I always love playing pranks. I especially love trying to see if I can get people to fall for the same pranks I play every year.
                       This year however, I got an entirely new bag of tricks.

Usually minion 2 talks about April fools day three months in advance so we all know its coming but this year, everyone forgot and I woke up ready. I put green food coloring up the faucet, and taped the mouse so no one could use the computer. And this baby-
 
Disgusting right? And it worked so well. I let the whole family hover in the bathroom saying "was that you?" "Did I do that?" Until finally dad got close enough to see it was paper and I told. 
Minion 2 also got in her fair share. She put chia seeds in dads glass, and rocks in my boots. 
While we were out looking for our three legged calf (that's right) dad came back and said he found him dead. I actually fell for that one. I'm sorry. 
I've had some fun pranks over the years. Double sheeting the minions beds work every time. Telling dad my baby sister fell off the trampoline when it was brand new to the family...  
                              My top favorite by far has been fake blood.

                                  A whole jar of it to do whatever I wanted with.

And it worked every time guys. It didn't matter if it was April fools day and everyone had already played ten pranks, I could get people.
 
              Cause it's really not unusual for me to come in covered in blood.
 
For instance take a ten or eleven year old me in the bathroom casually looking for a bandaid because I have a huge slice from my thumb to my wrist. And my mom sees it. 
                                                   "What did you do?"
                                                        "Cut myself."
                                                          "On what?"
                                                            "A knife"
                                                       "Doing what?"
                                                           "Playing"
                                          "What were you playing?"
"Well I wanted to see what their joints look like so I cut open my Breyer dolls knee ...but the knife slipped."

                                  Or me telling baby sized minion 1 
                             "Don't play with scissors. They're sharp."
                              *Runs finger over blade to demonstrate*
                                *Demonstration works a little too well*

             Or come inside with no shoe and blood squirting everywhere.
                                 "I stuck a pitchfork through my foot."

See why fake blood would work so well? And the best part? It's edible! And tastes awesome. So you can creep people out while enjoying syrup. 

Hopefully when my mom gets home I'll be able to change every word I can think of on her phone.s autocorrect to chicken nugget and that will conclude my "lie through your teeth day" escapades.
 
                    Did you pull any pranks today? Did you get pranked? Do tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment