Friday, April 4, 2014

Getting Artsy

So I am planning on going and seeing the Divergent movie in the near future, and like all good fangirls I'm putting a lot of thought into it.
And I've decided I need to have a shirt.
Not like the "no shirt, no shoes, no service" type shirt, but like a shirt like this

(Front: 3 birds, I AM DIVERGENT)         (Back: Dauntless and the Dauntless flame)
 
I made this for my doppelgänger (unbiological twin from Minnesota) for Christmas, and I always planned to make one for me but it hasn't happened yet. 
                                               I did make all of these though....
                                               (Team Murtagh .......  I'm that Awesome)
(My dragon shirt)
(Wore this to see Catching Fire)
(The pink one has the lyrics to Hawk Nelson's song Live Life Loud, and You can't see it, but I did Live Life Loud really big and went in and embroidered them blue)
 
These are bleach dyed and super fun and fairly easy to make- and yes I did draw the castle free hand.
If you guys want to see how I do it comment and I suppose I could whip up a blog post for it when I make my Divergent tshirt. 

Also, I have two design ideas. Either the very first Divergent shirt up top with the slant letters on front and Dauntless on back, or else I thought about making this one.
(Yes, I know, this is not my best design work. Usually I sketch it all out in my sketchbook and do wonderful shading and it looks runway ready, but I didn't want to do that today)

                                          Opinions? Which one do you like better? 

3 comments:

  1. I saw Divergent it was awesome. I want the 'down with the capital' shirt. Design B is best. I love,love Hawk Nelson I was really upset when Jason Dunn left, I wanted to see them live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I might get to go tomorrow! I love that one. Okay thanks :) I know! I don't like how hawk Nelson sounds now.

      Delete
  2. I know they lost their rock, punk sound. They sound like all the other Christian bands, but Jason Dunn is going to or has released a solo album and it sounds like their old stuff.

    ReplyDelete