Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Crossed- A Book Review

                                             
 
                                                       The Society chooses everything.
                                                                The books you read.
                                                             The music you listen to.
                                                                 The person you love.
Yet for Cassia the rules have changed. Ky has been taken and she will sacrifice everything to find him.
And when Cassia discovers Ky has escaped to the wild frontiers beyond the Society there is hope.
                                            But on the edge of society nothing is as it seems...
                                                                 A rebellion is rising.
                       And a tangled web of lies and double-crosses could destroy everything.

(from goodreads)

                                               ♥♥♥♥♥
I LOVED this book. It was amazing. I haven't been reading much at all in the last couple months, but I got a hold of this one and could not put it down. It didn't disappoint me even a little bit. The characters didn't change terribly between book one and book two, and the plot smoothed between the two smoothly. I didn't feel like I was getting tons of recap on what happened in book one, like usually happens with series'. I really like that we get to read from Ky's point of view in this book, but yet he still manages to maintain his mysteriousness. Ally gives the reader just enough of a taste to stay interested in him, but doesn't give it all to us at once. I'm still not sure where I stand on the love triangle. I still can't decide if I want her to end up with Xander or Ky. They're both so great. What's so different about this love triangle is that it lacks the obvious bad boy and then the nice guy. Both Ky and Xander seem very, very similar to me, and I love it. And, since the book had to come to an end, it did it in a very nice way for me. It wasn't such a drastic cliff hanger. It eased me over the edge very carefully. Then left me hanging.
For the record, I have a theory on the last chapter of Crossed, and the first chapter of book 3, but I'm not going to disclose that. Awesome book, awesome series, go read it.

Also, I'm in a little bit of a slump on my writing this week, so I'm opening up to you guys for questions about Blade or any of the characters in Blaze. Sometimes writing generic stuff about my characters helps me find the miracle thread for the whole story.

No comments:

Post a Comment